Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,629 Members 41,585 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Encryption Unsuccessful?

Tip us?

mumaxe
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Exclamation [Q] Encryption Unsuccessful?

Hi bros, i have a 16Gb XT1032 GPE and out of fun, i threw at it some of "fastboot oem unlock", and then some "fastboot flash recovery TWRP-2.0.3.2-falcon.img", then i tried flashing multiple roms but keep getting a very annoying "Encryption Unsuccessful" message and no matter how many times i reboot or reflash or common sense things i do, it wont boot anything but Stock.

Pic very related And attached!

Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140305_184806.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	254.6 KB
ID:	2615616  

iMiguelAcuna
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumaxe View Post
Hi bros, i have a 16Gb XT1032 GPE and out of fun, i threw at it some of "fastboot oem unlock", and then some "fastboot flash recovery TWRP-2.0.3.2-falcon.img", then i tried flashing multiple roms but keep getting a very annoying "Encryption Unsuccessful" message and no matter how many times i reboot or reflash or common sense things i do, it wont boot anything but Stock.

Pic very related And attached!

Any ideas?
You are doing the wrong procedure.

GPE devices need a reboot after unlocking its bootloader, (Need to wipe everything stored under /data/ partition)

AFAIK, A custom recovery can handle those instructions and leads on a booting-always-in-recovery or that "Encryption Unseccessful" thing.

Try flashing stock recovery again and let your device wipe everything up.

If that procedure works, you can re-flash your custom recovery again.

Hope that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to iMiguelAcuna For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mumaxe
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMiguelAcuna View Post
You are doing the wrong procedure.

GPE devices need a reboot after unlocking its bootloader, (Need to wipe everything stored under /data/ partition)

AFAIK, A custom recovery can handle those instructions and leads on a booting-always-in-recovery or that "Encryption Unseccessful" thing.

Try flashing stock recovery again and let your device wipe everything up.

If that procedure works, you can re-flash your custom recovery again.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the help bro, ill stick with stock for at least a week and then ill check things out. If they dont work, expect a bump in this thread...

mumaxe
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Thanks for the help bro, ill stick with stock for at least a week and then ill check things out. If they dont work, expect a bump in this thread...
Ok so i lied, i flashed stock, did a couple of reboots in stock recovery, and flashed like 3 roms. still no go and still the encryption thing pops up.
i have honestly no idea what to do now.

iMiguelAcuna
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Ok so i lied, i flashed stock, did a couple of reboots in stock recovery, and flashed like 3 roms. still no go and still the encryption thing pops up.
i have honestly no idea what to do now.
Does the stock Rom works fine?

Did you try a factory reset under settings?

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk

mumaxe
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMiguelAcuna View Post
Does the stock Rom works fine?

Did you try a factory reset under settings?

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk
I did everything the "right" way, i even relocked the bootloader and then re-unlocked it just thinking it was that. any time i try to flash it with anything that is not the original stock GPE rom it will show the encryption thing. does it have to do anything with the fact its a gpe device? i was really exited to get the gpe edition because it would be fun and straightforward like the nexus 5 but now i feel i screwed up by doin that since it aparently only likes the stupid stock rom. now im officialy out of ideas.

ncik
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I have the same problem. I came fom CM11 after an update put my phone in boot loop. haven't tried finding a way out yet. but that's because I am lazy.