Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

[Q] Encryption Unsuccessful?

OP mumaxe

5th March 2014, 11:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Barranquilla
Thanks Meter: 3

75 posts
More
Hi bros, i have a 16Gb XT1032 GPE and out of fun, i threw at it some of "fastboot oem unlock", and then some "fastboot flash recovery TWRP-2.0.3.2-falcon.img", then i tried flashing multiple roms but keep getting a very annoying "Encryption Unsuccessful" message and no matter how many times i reboot or reflash or common sense things i do, it wont boot anything but Stock.

Pic very related And attached!

Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140305_184806.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	254.6 KB
ID:	2615616  
6th March 2014, 01:23 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumaxe

Hi bros, i have a 16Gb XT1032 GPE and out of fun, i threw at it some of "fastboot oem unlock", and then some "fastboot flash recovery TWRP-2.0.3.2-falcon.img", then i tried flashing multiple roms but keep getting a very annoying "Encryption Unsuccessful" message and no matter how many times i reboot or reflash or common sense things i do, it wont boot anything but Stock.

Pic very related And attached!

Any ideas?

You are doing the wrong procedure.

GPE devices need a reboot after unlocking its bootloader, (Need to wipe everything stored under /data/ partition)

AFAIK, A custom recovery can handle those instructions and leads on a booting-always-in-recovery or that "Encryption Unseccessful" thing.

Try flashing stock recovery again and let your device wipe everything up.

If that procedure works, you can re-flash your custom recovery again.

Hope that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to iMiguelAcuna For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2014, 02:07 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Barranquilla

75 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMiguelAcuna

You are doing the wrong procedure.

GPE devices need a reboot after unlocking its bootloader, (Need to wipe everything stored under /data/ partition)

AFAIK, A custom recovery can handle those instructions and leads on a booting-always-in-recovery or that "Encryption Unseccessful" thing.

Try flashing stock recovery again and let your device wipe everything up.

If that procedure works, you can re-flash your custom recovery again.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the help bro, ill stick with stock for at least a week and then ill check things out. If they dont work, expect a bump in this thread...
6th March 2014, 04:17 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Barranquilla

75 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks for the help bro, ill stick with stock for at least a week and then ill check things out. If they dont work, expect a bump in this thread...

Ok so i lied, i flashed stock, did a couple of reboots in stock recovery, and flashed like 3 roms. still no go and still the encryption thing pops up.
i have honestly no idea what to do now.
7th March 2014, 04:10 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Quote:

Ok so i lied, i flashed stock, did a couple of reboots in stock recovery, and flashed like 3 roms. still no go and still the encryption thing pops up.
i have honestly no idea what to do now.

Does the stock Rom works fine?

Did you try a factory reset under settings?

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk
7th March 2014, 11:30 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Barranquilla

75 posts
More
everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMiguelAcuna

Does the stock Rom works fine?

Did you try a factory reset under settings?

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk

I did everything the "right" way, i even relocked the bootloader and then re-unlocked it just thinking it was that. any time i try to flash it with anything that is not the original stock GPE rom it will show the encryption thing. does it have to do anything with the fact its a gpe device? i was really exited to get the gpe edition because it would be fun and straightforward like the nexus 5 but now i feel i screwed up by doin that since it aparently only likes the stupid stock rom. now im officialy out of ideas.
8th March 2014, 04:23 PM   |  #7  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 13

89 posts
More
I have the same problem. I came fom CM11 after an update put my phone in boot loop. haven't tried finding a way out yet. but that's because I am lazy.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread