Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,219 Members 52,065 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] flash 4.4.2 KK for G2 and still have root?

Tip us?
 
street.basketball
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 173
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boyds, MD
Default [Q] flash 4.4.2 KK for G2 and still have root?

Hi, Im a noob so I have a question. My G2 is on D80010q now and I cant update to Android 4.4 KK because " your phone is not registered yet" I think alot of people see that error.
So I dont want to wait for they fix that anymore, I going to flash KK stock by myself, I wondering If I root my phone now then I flash the KK, will my phone still rooted?
 
XxZombiePikachu
Old
#2  
XxZombiePikachu's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,347
Posts: 2,461
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Aguada
Well if you jump down to 10d root and get custom recovery you can flash http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2665391

[ROM] D800 KitKat Manual Update with Root and you will keep root but lose recovery but it's not a problem

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
street.basketball
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 173
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boyds, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
Well if you jump down to 10d root and get custom recovery you can flash http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2665391

[ROM] D800 KitKat Manual Update with Root and you will keep root but lose recovery but it's not a problem

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app
Thanks but I don't know how to do wallet fix
 
XxZombiePikachu
Old
#4  
XxZombiePikachu's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,347
Posts: 2,461
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Aguada
Not the wallet fix that tread has a d800 ok rom that you can flash with custom recovery and before you reboot your phone flash the supersu and you will keep root

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
street.basketball
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 173
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boyds, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
Not the wallet fix that tread has a d800 ok rom that you can flash with custom recovery and before you reboot your phone flash the supersu and you will keep root

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app
wait the minute, so I just flash rom, SU, flash wallet fix, that it?
then what is this for?
Quote:
Wallet Fix
If you already have ROM installed then you have two ways to get fix on to phone.
1. Extract files to your "SD Card" and use a root file browser to copy the files to their appropriate folder. You may also need to set the proper permissions. Please don't ask what the permissions are. If you are copying over a file then make note of the file permissions and adjust the permissions of new file. If you are not copying over a file then make note of file permission of file in same folder and set new file permission as file already in place.

2. Use adb push to move files to phone and use adb shell to set proper permissions.

If you get a crash in settings after applying Wallet fix then switch settings to list view by pressing the settings key while in settings and select switch to list view.
 
XxZombiePikachu
Old
#6  
XxZombiePikachu's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,347
Posts: 2,461
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Aguada
Unless you are planning on using Google wallet then you do not need the wallet fix

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
street.basketball
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 173
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boyds, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
Unless you are planning on using Google wallet then you do not need the wallet fix

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app
oh never mind thanks so much. this weeken my G2 will be on android 4.4.2 KK rooted )

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes