5,606,201 Members 32,455 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.4.2] Unofficial CyanogenMod 11 [1/4/14]

Tip us?

donaldj83
Old
(Last edited by donaldj83; 2nd March 2014 at 07:29 PM.) Reason: one more question
Thanks Meter 47
Thumbs up your awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkok View Post
goto the device/samsung/fascinatemtd directory i.........
dude your awesome

one more dumb question after i manually edit this if i do a repo sync all of those changes will be over written with the server version right so ill have to go back and re change those files again right?

jkok
Old
Thanks Meter 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldj83 View Post
dude your awesome

one more dumb question after i manually edit this if i do a repo sync all of those changes will be over written with the server version right so ill have to go back and re change those files again right?
its a repo "sync" as in whatever they change, gets changed onto yours, some may get erased, some may stay, its really up to what is synced, the best way to prevent it is say u wanted just that data patch, keep the TeamRegular string i mentioned in your (dir you repo init'd)/.repo/local_manifests/roomservice.xml and it will stay there between syncs, as it is IN THE CODE ALREADY =) but other stuff you do to other files may differ unless you commit, but if u are doing a personal build, you can always do the long process of making a github account, fork the repositories for the things you dont want overwritten (e.g. vendor/****/**** in android_vendor_****_**** or pripietary_vendor_****_****, kernel/***/**** in android_kernel_****_****, device/****/**** in android_device_****_****, apps in android_apps_******, and simalier methods like that, if you search some git or repo tutorials theres other methods to keep things, remove things, and whats called a "cherry-pick", but remember dont commit to others repositories without their approval, aknolagement you did so, or at least make sure its working code if you do commit but the gitcherry-pick command usually forces you to make a commit before you can re-sync, so using your own repositories and updating them when needing could be the best when begining to learn java, or android sequences =) it took me through tiral and error since 2009 to get as far as i am with java, now i hvae to learn C, C++, and more XML+HTML with roms =S but its all trial+eror, and once you get the hang of it you can make a bash script (***.sh) to make it easier, like how pac-man roms use build-pac.sh for faster building =)

donaldj83
Old
(Last edited by donaldj83; 3rd March 2014 at 12:05 AM.) Reason: after thought
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
its a repo "sync"...
well i created my first build.... unfortunately it wont boot just sitting on the galaxys cyanogen(mod) screen i do know my recovery went from twrp to cw so thats cool that works

heres what i did
mkdir ~/cm11
cd ~/cm11
repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-11.0
repo sync
(took for ever)
. build/envsetup.sh
breakfast fascinatemtd
repo sync
cd ~/cm11/vendor/cm
get-prebuilts
croot

did those edits manually

brunch fascinatemtd

it spit out a zip i flashed it in twrp cleared caches and factory reset it sat at this screen went into cwr and reflashed with same results sadly i cant get into adb so see a log or whats going on and the image doesn't flicker as if its boot looping...any suggestions?

edit:
i just went in to cw to recover my backup and i figured id format every thing again. the format look a little bit of time which makes me think that the it wasn't empty i'm going to give it another shot maybe i'm getting jumpy and not giving it enough time

jkok
Old
Thanks Meter 154
Quote:
well i created my first build.... unfortunately it wont boot just sitting on the galaxys cyanogen(mod) screen i do know my recovery went from twrp to cw so thats cool that works

heres what i did
mkdir ~/cm11
cd ~/cm11
repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-11.0
repo sync
(took for ever)
. build/envsetup.sh
breakfast fascinatemtd
repo sync
cd ~/cm11/vendor/cm
get-prebuilts
croot

did thows edits manualy

brunch fascinatemtd

it spit out a zip i flashed it in twrp cleared caches and factory reset it sat at this screen went into cwr and reflashed with same results sadly i cant get into adb so see a log or whats going on and the image doesn't flicker as if its boot looping...any suggestions?
did you do the "extract-files" step? the sources itself cannot give you all files, as some are not open-sourced, so they need to be extracted, if you can odin or restore a backup to get booted up, do your usuall flash prcedure to any of the two cm11's on this forum, then do the extract-files step, dont do it for a different ind of rom, e.g. cm10.2, aokp, PA, Pac-man, etc, it has to be the same kind of rom u are building, as redundant as it sounds one already needs to be made, or the same android version without too many edits =S, but if anything keep on trying, make sure the edits are same syntax needed, and all prcedures are done, cause that roomservice.xml i used will be good for cm11.0 based roms, as thats what i thought u were building =S but all-in-all its all trial and error like i have said =)

donaldj83
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
did you do the "extract-files" step?.......
extract step you say.........? hmmm..... yea i could see that helping......lmao!
yea thats what im after was a cm11

jkok
Old
Thanks Meter 154
Quote:
extract step you say.........? hmmm..... yea i could see that helping......lmao!
yea thats what im after was a cm11
the step consists of connecting your fascinate, if you have working adb connection+usb debugging enabled goto your device/samsung/fascinatemtd directory in terminal and do
Code:
. extract-files.sh
it will take the needed files for your device that are not open source taken u are on a 4.4.* rom atm =)

donaldj83
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
the step consists of connecting your fascinate, if you have working adb connection+usb debugging enabled goto your device/samsung/fascinatemtd directory in terminal and do
Code:
. extract-files.sh
it will take the needed files for your device that are not open source taken u are on a 4.4.* rom atm =)
Yea I know I did the first time but botched something up so I started from scratch then forgot to do it again,

donaldj83
Old
Thanks Meter 47
My last test I was able to boot but had no cell / data or anything. I ran out of time though I'll play again this weekend

jkok
Old
Thanks Meter 154
Quote:
My last test I was able to boot but had no cell / data or anything. I ran out of time though I'll play again this weekend
make sure apns-conf.xml is in /System/etc/ folder on the device+zip, make sure you did the RIL data patch correctly, as one messup can compile, but leave NO data at all lol, if anything instead of cyangenmod's android_device_samsung_fascinatemtd, use this one
Code:
https://github.com/TeamRegular/android_device_samsung_fascinatemtd
if you need it for local_manifests/roomservice.xml use this line and REMOVE cyanogenmod's
basicly change
Code:
<project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_fascinatemtd" path="device/samsung/fascinatemtd" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
to
Code:
<project name="TeamRegular/android_device_samsung_fascinatemtd" path="device/samsung/fascinatemtd" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
delete the device/samsung/fascinatemtd diectory from the build source by going to where you repo init'd and do
Code:
sudo rm -rfv device/samsung/facinatemtd
you only need to do -rf but the added v is so u see whats erased/u know its working :P
the data patch is already implemented so nothing new will need to be done there =) then it should work, unless you did something else we dont know yet :P

then of course repo sync :P
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jkok For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

donaldj83
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
then it should work, unless you did something else we dont know yet :P
lol i followed your directions but now im getting errors lol

Code:
target thumb C: libminui <= bootable/recovery/minui/../../../device/samsung/fascinatemtd/recovery/graphics.c
bootable/recovery/minui/../../../device/samsung/fascinatemtd/recovery/graphics.c:165:5: error: conflicting types for 'gr_text'
In file included from bootable/recovery/minui/../../../device/samsung/fascinatemtd/recovery/graphics.c:34:0:
bootable/recovery/minui/minui.h:36:5: note: previous declaration of 'gr_text' was here
bootable/recovery/minui/../../../device/samsung/fascinatemtd/recovery/graphics.c: In function 'gr_text':
bootable/recovery/minui/../../../device/samsung/fascinatemtd/recovery/graphics.c:167:5: warning: implicit declaration of function 'gr_text_impl' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
make: *** [/home/don/cm11/out/target/product/fascinatemtd/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libminui_intermediates/../../../device/samsung/fascinatemtd/recovery/graphics.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
i removed the recovery folder with graphics.c attempting to recompile again

.......... prior to hitting submit on this post that failed lol i think im just goina start from scratch again