Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Problems Upgrading to 4.4.2

OP daveherron

5th March 2014, 10:59 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Hi all

Long time lurking and now hoping to pass some knowledge i have learned onto other but at the minute i have a problem myself.

I have a Note 3 running Baseband N9005XXUENB1 Build number KOT49H.N9005ZHUENB5 which given the keyboard settings i believe it is the Hng Kong firmware.

I want to use a stable UK firmware like the Vodafone one N9005XXUENB4_N9005VFGENA4_N9005XXUENB1_HOME.tar.md 5 however everytime i try to flash using odin 3.09 it fails.

I am using an original USB cable and tried different USB ports.

Any ideas what is going wrong?

Can anyone suggest a version which will work?
5th March 2014, 11:16 AM   |  #2  
nicholaschum's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto, ON (Hong Kong S.A.R.)
Thanks Meter: 1,730
 
2,300 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveherron

Hi all

Long time lurking and now hoping to pass some knowledge i have learned onto other but at the minute i have a problem myself.

I have a Note 3 running Baseband N9005XXUENB1 Build number KOT49H.N9005ZHUENB5 which given the keyboard settings i believe it is the Hng Kong firmware.

I want to use a stable UK firmware like the Vodafone one N9005XXUENB4_N9005VFGENA4_N9005XXUENB1_HOME.tar.md 5 however everytime i try to flash using odin 3.09 it fails.

I am using an original USB cable and tried different USB ports.

Any ideas what is going wrong?

Can anyone suggest a version which will work?

Can we get an exact copy of the error you get on Odin please?

As the 16GB Hong Kong Note 3s have a different partition layout, you might have gotten that an error.

Sent from my fingers to your face using my Samsung Galaxy Note 3!
5th March 2014, 11:51 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaschum

Can we get an exact copy of the error you get on Odin please?

As the 16GB Hong Kong Note 3s have a different partition layout, you might have gotten that an error.

Sent from my fingers to your face using my Samsung Galaxy Note 3!

This is what i got from Odin

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> cache.img.ext4
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> recovery.img
<ID:0/004> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/004> RES OK !!
<ID:0/004> Removed!!
<ID:0/004> Remain Port .... 0
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N9005XXUENB4_N9005VFGENA4_N9005XXUENB1_HOME.tar.md 5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/004> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/004> tz.mbn
<ID:0/004> sdi.mbn
<ID:0/004> NON-HLOS.bin
<ID:0/004> boot.img
<ID:0/004> recovery.img
<ID:0/004> system.img.ext4
<ID:0/004> modem.bin
<ID:0/004> cache.img.ext4
<ID:0/004> hidden.img.ext4
<ID:0/004> FAIL! (Size)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
5th March 2014, 12:16 PM   |  #4  
ultramag69's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 578
 
4,474 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
Try a non-carrier rom, people seem to have trouble with these...
5th March 2014, 12:24 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag69

Try a non-carrier rom, people seem to have trouble with these...

I cannot locate a non carrier rom
5th March 2014, 12:29 PM   |  #6  
Dejan Sathanas's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hell
Thanks Meter: 2,674
 
1,418 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveherron

I cannot locate a non carrier rom

:sly:

Sent from my N9005
5th March 2014, 12:30 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejan Sathanas

:sly:

Sent from my N9005

Sorry don't understand you response?:sly:
6th March 2014, 02:20 AM   |  #8  
ultramag69's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 578
 
4,474 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
You're trying to flash a vodafone rom... This is a carrier rom...
Look for the UK rom that has a csc with BTU as this is the open rom...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes