5,600,429 Members 32,924 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Rezound replacement options for one handed users
stick with Rezound 4 30.77%
Sony xperia z1s/mini 2 15.38%
other 7 53.85%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] What future phones could replace your rezound?

Tip us?

Mindrocket
Old
Thanks Meter 114
I ended up getting the G2 and I'm totally in love. No regrets at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mindrocket For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 347

DONATE TO ME
FWIW... I replaced my Rezound with the LG G2 on Friday. I couldn't be happier, I was originally concerned with the size at first, that it might be just a little too big, but after using it for several days now I have had no issues using anything in it one handed, if it was any bigger at all, I am pretty sure it would be in the realm of not usable with only one hand.

I forgot how much crap VZW throws into these devices, since I haven't been on a stock subsidized device for some time... Haven't rooted yet, but sure have disabled a bunch of junk.

So basically I am saying, one more vote for the G2 being a good Rezound replacement, it is a REALLY nice phone... And now that @Snuzzo has one and has started some deving on that platform, I am even more glad I went this way.
Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk ROM Official)
Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (CarbonROM KitKat)
Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
The Following User Says Thank You to acejavelin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Snuzzo
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5503

DONATE TO ME
@acejavelin

Yeah the size was my concern too but for using the extended battery I'll take the longer and wider vs thicker. I really really enjoy this platform. Coming from the Rezound is like a no brainer really, its like 3x a jump in everything. Last night I looked at my screen on stats and here I had 1hr 30mins screen on with 90% battery left. That's near a full stock battery on the Rez for my use.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 4

What do you get when you cross a cow with a lion?
One really messed up situation!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snuzzo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tmanschuette
Old
Thanks Meter 168
I can get 2 days with pretty high use. Max I have hit was 4 days, but I didn't use it much. The LGG2 is great.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tholmes8291 View Post
I'd love to have one but they're gonna have to pry my unlimited from my cold dead fingers. And can't bring myself to pay full price for anything.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I had to fork out $400 for mine. I regret nothing.

The Following User Says Thank You to tmanschuette For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mjones73
Old
Thanks Meter 670

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmanschuette View Post
I can get 2 days with pretty high use. Max I have hit was 4 days, but I didn't use it much. The LGG2 is great.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

I had to fork out $400 for mine. I regret nothing.

How did you get one for $400?
Matt
LG G2 - Rooted/Xposed/SimpleKernel
HTC Rezound - S-Off - Retired

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 347

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones73 View Post
Couldn't you get ANY Verizon smartphone for $350~$400? Just activate a new service contract and terminate it, pay the ETF, and keep the device?
Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

kcipopnevets
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I was actually striving for a larger device myself... I went for the Motorola Droid Maxx and I've had it for about a month now. The battery life is absolutely stunning, as I can get about 9 hours screen on time before it starts limping along in terms of power. I love having AOSP out of the box as well; If I was buying something else, probably the LG G2 or the HTC One, I'd have to root and ROM it out of the box which is crazy. Motorola has gotten stock right this time!
I'MANUTCASEANDALLILISTENTOISMETAL
HTC Rezound, S-OFF, VanirAOSP 4.4.2 by Damacy \m/
Droid MAXX XT1080M("DEV"), KitKat stock, UNLOCKED(!!!!!!!!!) and rooted
GWAR FTW \m/ (-'__'-) \m/

tmanschuette
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones73 View Post

EBay lol. Had to buy off contract or I could have gotten it for $50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
Couldn't you get ANY Verizon smartphone for $350~$400? Just activate a new service contract and terminate it, pay the ETF, and keep the device?
Not for me. I don't have credit, and my parents wouldn't risk theirs.

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 347

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmanschuette View Post
Not for me. I don't have credit, and my parents wouldn't risk theirs.

Gotcha... but for future reference, contrary to popular belief that canceling your contract will have a negative effect on your credit rating, this will not hurt your credit score provided you handle it right. http://budgeting.thenest.com/cancell...ore-20233.html

But you do need that initial credit to get the phone, and I understand that isn't possible for everyone.

tmanschuette
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
Gotcha... but for future reference, contrary to popular belief that canceling your contract will have a negative effect on your credit rating, this will not hurt your credit score provided you handle it right. http://budgeting.thenest.com/cancell...ore-20233.html

But you do need that initial credit to get the phone, and I understand that isn't possible for everyone.
Hey, I'm working on it. Lol. I just don't have credit, its not bad credit. I pulled out my first loan, and I have a sudo credit card (charging me to use my own money, and reporting it to the agencies). I guess you are right with that, but I'm sure it makes Big Red unhappy lol.

The Following User Says Thank You to tmanschuette For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]