Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,939 Members 49,614 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Watch faces

Tip us?

morbeious
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Watch faces

I've tried 3 different watch face apps, is anyone having the same issue. Where when you set a new watch face you still have the default face show up for a split second before the new one?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium HD app

CoolZoneAlex
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbeious View Post
I've tried 3 different watch face apps, is anyone having the same issue. Where when you set a new watch face you still have the default face show up for a split second before the new one?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium HD app
Indeed, this happens to me too.

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,272

DONATE TO ME
Settings/Personal/Security/Screen Lock - Set it to "none".
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server
The Following User Says Thank You to Lokifish Marz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

morbeious
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Thanks, that works.. I notice it took a few tries of unlocking first but then the setting took..

MexRex
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I haven't been able to get it to work either but I found a workaround

Download the app Shake from the Play Store. App icon is a phone with two blue arrows rotating.
Download OClock from the OStore
Disable the lock screen option from Slide to None. Found in Settings -- Personal & Accounts - Security
Open the OClock app and select a watchface
Open Shake app and configure, here's my settings
Action when shaken - Simple - Run an installed app - Selected Oclock
Sensor sensitivity 16
Check Start at phone start up
Check Active when screen is off

If you want the Omate to sleep faster after a shake to wake, change the Display timeout in Settings - Device - Display - Sleep

Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to MexRex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wmandel
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default icon callisto 100 and ostore

just got this watch. it seems to have only one watchface on it the black and white analog. where is this ostore and how do i download new watchfaces to the watch? a link and instructions would be a great help thanks!

MexRex
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmandel View Post
just got this watch. it seems to have only one watchface on it the black and white analog. where is this ostore and how do i download new watchfaces to the watch? a link and instructions would be a great help thanks!
If you're in OUI2.0 launcher, wavy background, long press to bring up a menu. Then Add the Ostore to the homescreen.

musicnyc
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MexRex View Post
I haven't been able to get it to work either but I found a workaround

Download the app Shake from the Play Store. App icon is a phone with two blue arrows rotating.
Download OClock from the OStore
Disable the lock screen option from Slide to None. Found in Settings -- Personal & Accounts - Security
Open the OClock app and select a watchface
Open Shake app and configure, here's my settings
Action when shaken - Simple - Run an installed app - Selected Oclock
Sensor sensitivity 16
Check Start at phone start up
Check Active when screen is off

If you want the Omate to sleep faster after a shake to wake, change the Display timeout in Settings - Device - Display - Sleep

Hope this helps.
That worked for me, thanks! Before this I was looking for a live wallpaper with clock and using Tasker to keep the screen on!

bradgevo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default OClock Watch Faces

I can't get the watch faces in Oclock to display 12 hour time. Is there a setting I can change? Some of the watch faces that should show the date or other info just have blank spots also. TS 1/8 1900, ensec + operative root.

mortis2600
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradgevo View Post
I can't get the watch faces in Oclock to display 12 hour time. Is there a setting I can change? Some of the watch faces that should show the date or other info just have blank spots also. TS 1/8 1900, ensec + operative root.
Not that I've found. Just that one blocky looking one. I'm not much of a fan of it.

I wish they had an API to make your own too.

I've been using the Ubuntu Launcher as my "watch face" since it shows notifications and a big digital clock on the lock screen nicely.
- mortis2600 -

Phone: Moto X
Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)
Watch: Omate TrueSmart 2.0
Media: Chromecast, G-Box MX2 Midnight