XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.4.2][OFFICIAL]LiquidSmooth v3.0 Beta - D800 - 3|31|14

Tip us?

Little Bigboy
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald476 View Post
OP is updated! There are downloads for dr87 and Furnace Kernels.
thaks will make a nandroid and flash this

ossito2012
Old
(Last edited by ossito2012; 5th March 2014 at 04:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 52
Well, I flashed the furnace and kept getting android.process popups, I then flashed the dr87.

It worked great, insane speed and almost everything worked as it should, but once again another kitkat ROM falls short, where you ask, take a guess, f'n Bluetooth, just turning it on was buggy, but once in car trying to connect, full bt fail, smh, back to perfection with flex. Does anyone have an explanation why bt is do difficult to make work.

I will add that if I had no need for BT I would definitely rock this for daily driver, it was just fast.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Little Bigboy
Old
Thanks Meter 127
unfortunately i'm having very low , i mean realy low in call volume . everything else seems to be working, didnt get to test bluetooth out yet. Im still running it and will give it 24 - 48 hours to make any solid statements

Reginald476
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bigboy View Post
unfortunately i'm having very low , i mean realy low in call volume . everything else seems to be working, didnt get to test bluetooth out yet. Im still running it and will give it 24 - 48 hours to make any solid statements
For an immediate fix you can use a file browser and go to /system/etc and edit mixer_paths.xml search for <ctl name="RX1 Digital Volume" value="60" /> change 60 to 70 and that was what the value was set to. Otherwise it will fixed in the next build.
Devices - Phone: VZW LG G2 running LiquidSmooth 3.0 | Tablets: Asus Nexus 7 (2013) running LiquidSmooth 3.0 | Asus TF700T running CROMi-X with stock kernel
My LiquidSmooth 3.0 builds: d800 | d801 | d802 | d803 | ls980 | vs980
The Following User Says Thank You to Reginald476 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ortanon
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ossito2012 View Post
Well, I flashed the furnace and kept getting android.process popups, I then flashed the dr87.

It worked great, insane speed and almost everything worked as it should, but once again another kitkat ROM falls short, where you ask, take a guess, f'n Bluetooth, just turning it on was buggy, but once in car trying to connect, full bt fail, smh, back to perfection with flex. Does anyone have an explanation why bt is do difficult to make work.

I will add that if I had no need for BT I would definitely rock this for daily driver, it was just fast.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
I'm using the Furnace version and I only got the android.process popup once at setup. Nothing else after several hours of use and reboots.

The Bluetooth is working for me, too.

To be honest, the firmware is amazing. All the features I wanted, even if it is only 99% stable. But what's with this goofy-looking white Recents tool? Where's the Kill All button? Where's the option to use the default AOSP Recents?

There are some other things I'd like, but the Recents thing is the one that stands out by far.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ortanon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Reginald476
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortanon View Post
I'm using the Furnace version and I only got the android.process popup once at setup. Nothing else after several hours of use and reboots.

The Bluetooth is working for me, too.

To be honest, the firmware is amazing. All the features I wanted, even if it is only 99% stable. But what's with this goofy-looking white Recents tool? Where's the Kill All button? Where's the option to use the default AOSP Recents?

There are some other things I'd like, but the Recents thing is the one that stands out by far.
That is Slim's new Recents, there is no way to switch to AOSP at this time. To kill all you simply have to pinch in the Recents menu, personally I think this looks light years better than AOSP as it uses the card design and you can show or hide the previous apps.
Devices - Phone: VZW LG G2 running LiquidSmooth 3.0 | Tablets: Asus Nexus 7 (2013) running LiquidSmooth 3.0 | Asus TF700T running CROMi-X with stock kernel

Ortanon
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald476 View Post
That is Slim's new Recents, there is no way to switch to AOSP at this time. To kill all you simply have to pinch in the Recents menu, personally I think this looks light years better than AOSP as it uses the card design and you can show or hide the previous apps.
Its heart seems to be in the right place, but it causes more problems than it solves.

- Changing Kill All from a button to a multi-finger gesture changes it from a one-handed operation to a two-handed operation. And for no reason.

- The 'card design' would work if it was a full-screen app like Google Now (or Google's Recent Apps). As it is, it comes off an an ugly mashup of the launcher's design, the Slim's Recents design, and those little circular collapse buttons on each task which really don't match the 'card' theme at all (or work well lol, being such tiny targets).

- Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, Google's Recent Apps closes the app you're in if you "kill" it from Recent Apps. Slim's doesn't do that. It hides the app from Recents if you're in the app. It doesn't even close the app you're in if you do the "kill all" pinch. This doesn't seem like a good idea.

Don't get me wrong: I love this firmware. I don't imagine that I'll be switching from it, either. Just stating my opinion. =p

Reginald476
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortanon View Post
Its heart seems to be in the right place, but it causes more problems than it solves.

- Changing Kill All from a button to a multi-finger gesture changes it from a one-handed operation to a two-handed operation. And for no reason.

- The 'card design' would work if it was a full-screen app like Google Now (or Google's Recent Apps). As it is, it comes off an an ugly mashup of the launcher's design, the Slim's Recents design, and those little circular collapse buttons on each task which really don't match the 'card' theme at all (or work well lol, being such tiny targets).

- Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, Google's Recent Apps closes the app you're in if you "kill" it from Recent Apps. Slim's doesn't do that. It hides the app from Recents if you're in the app. It doesn't even close the app you're in if you do the "kill all" pinch. This doesn't seem like a good idea.

Don't get me wrong: I love this firmware. I don't imagine that I'll be switching from it, either. Just stating my opinion. =p
No worries, I took it as that and nothing else. I mis-spoke when I said kill, I should have said clear recently used apps from the list. Slim's thought is that kill all is a placebo effect so they removed that.

From what I understand the Recents a lot of people hated from AOSB will be the other choice so you can also use Multi-window.

ossito2012
Old
(Last edited by ossito2012; 5th March 2014 at 11:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 52
oh snap, i went back and flashed the rom with furnace and we might have a winner here in the CM/AOSP kitkat wars, everything running nice right now, bt connected in car, phone call too, will report back if any problems, but so far so liquid, good work

Edit: oh well it was a good run while it lasted, Bluetooth went south on me again, if I didn't have new car with all kinds of Bluetooth enabled toys I would not even care. All good though I got nothing but time. ��
The Following User Says Thank You to ossito2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MoDat
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ossito2012 View Post
oh snap, i went back and flashed the rom with furnace and we might have a winner here in the CM/AOSP kitkat wars, everything running nice right now, bt connected in car, phone call too, will report back if any problems, but so far so liquid, good work

Edit: oh well it was a good run while it lasted, Bluetooth went south on me again, if I didn't have new car with all kinds of Bluetooth enabled toys I would not even care. All good though I got nothing but time.
I'm having the same problems