Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,898 Members 48,769 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Please help with translations

Tip us?

sensboston
Old
(Last edited by sensboston; 8th March 2014 at 06:00 AM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 423

DONATE TO ME
Question Please help with translations

Hello guys,

I need your help with translations for the my new app. Will be great to have Spanish, French, Italian and Portuguese translations.

About the app: it's very simple "talking watch" app, operated by the voice command. For example, you are jogging in the frosty morning, the phone is in your pocket, and you are listening music on headset. So, if you wanna know what time is it, just press a headset button and ask "What time is it", thats all...

The link to the translations spreadsheet: http://goo.gl/Dk9agG

(update): I forgot to enable spreadsheet editing, sorry. Now it fixed

Thanks a lot!

P.S. I know (and actually using) Microsoft Multilingual App Toolkit plugin to Visual Studio but the quality of the machine translation by Bing... hmm... tried for Russian language, results are... very strange

P.P.S. I can add translators as a beta-testers - just PM me your LiveID email. The app will be available (for beta-testers) at http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...8-e32d6582a327

[UPDATE] Guys, I don't have plans to localize app for the languages differ than above: there is no reason for that. The purpose of the app is simple: you asking your handset about time on your own native language, and phone tell you what time is it now. If your language has no support of TTS/STT (text-to-speech & speech-to-text i.e. voice commands), there is no reason to localize UI (theoretically, I can build this app UI-less).

[UPDATE 2] C'mon, guys; I saw a lot of people from France, Italia, Spain on xda... It will take just a 5 minutes, not longer - I promise! Please, help!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sensboston For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ngame
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensboston View Post
Hello guys,

I need your help with translations for the my new app. Will be great to have German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Polish, Chinese and Japanese translations.

About the app: it's very simple "talking watch" app, operated by the voice command. For example, you are jogging in the frosty morning, the phone is in your pocket, and you are listening music on headset. So, if you wanna know what time is it, just press a headset button and ask "What time is it", thats all...

The link to the translations spreadsheet: http://goo.gl/9xphVr

Thanks a lot!

P.S. I know (and actually using) Microsoft Multilingual App Toolkit plugin to Visual Studio but the quality of the machine translation by Bing... hmm... tried for Russian language, results are... very strange

P.P.S. I can add translators as a beta-testers - just PM me your LiveID email.
I can help you with Persian (Farsi) translation . I will send you my Live ID if you want.
Nokia Lumia 920
GDR3 Developer Preview
Developer Unlock : ✔
Interop Unlock : Soon...

sensboston
Old
Thanks Meter 423

DONATE TO ME
ngame, I'm really appreciate your help but AFAIK there is no Farsi TTS/STT services for WP8 (I'm using built-in functionality only). BTW, if you want to test it on English/Russian, you may join beta-testing, just PM me your liveid (I'll add you as a beta-tester).
The Following User Says Thank You to sensboston For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ngame
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
ngame, I'm really appreciate your help but AFAIK there is no Farsi TTS/STT services for WP8 (I'm using built-in functionality only). BTW, if you want to test it on English/Russian, you may join beta-testing, just PM me your liveid (I'll add you as a beta-tester).
I thought you have files for each language to say the time .
Yes WP TTS System can't read Persian .
You can add Unsupported Languages by downloading a Package file .
For example if some one wants to add unsupported language first download a pack of files to read the clock in that language but they have to use English Speech ! a little mistake .
Nokia Lumia 920
GDR3 Developer Preview
Developer Unlock : ✔
Interop Unlock : Soon...

pdaimatejam
Old
(Last edited by pdaimatejam; 6th March 2014 at 02:01 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,751

DONATE TO ME
Turkish translation by my pdaimatejam
Waiting for testing
thank you very much

sensboston
Old
Thanks Meter 423

DONATE TO ME
Thanks everybody for translation, I'll publish updated version this evening (EST).

pdaimatejam, do you have Turkish language for the speech services installed? AFAIK, there is no Turkish STT/TTS support in the phone. What kind of language you are using for the speech (voice commands etc)? And I need your LiveID email, to add you as a beta-tester.

pdaimatejam
Old
(Last edited by pdaimatejam; 6th March 2014 at 09:28 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,751

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks everybody for translation, I'll publish updated version this evening (EST).

pdaimatejam, do you have Turkish language for the speech services installed? AFAIK, there is no Turkish STT/TTS support in the phone. What kind of language you are using for the speech (voice commands etc)? And I need your LiveID email, to add you as a beta-tester.
pdaimatejam@hotmail.com
speech english use set up stt/tts okay

sensboston
Old
(Last edited by sensboston; 7th March 2014 at 05:18 AM.)
Thanks Meter 423

DONATE TO ME
I've submitted app to the beta store, it will be available for all beta-tester very soon by link (open on your phone) http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...8-e32d6582a327

Please, note: "Auto exit" and "Turn screen off" settings works if app running from the voice command ONLY (otherwise you can't adjust the settings ).

To all translators: I've added one more sentense (simple app description for the store), could you please add translation? Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to sensboston For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wangmingfu0409
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Chinese translation by Neo_Vincent
this is my liveID neo_vincent@outlook.com
thank you for the beta versions
HTC 8X Accord
HTC HD2 LEO
HTC P3700 Diamond
HTC D700 Blueangel
HTC 696

sensboston
Old
(Last edited by sensboston; 7th March 2014 at 06:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 423

DONATE TO ME
Thanks a lot, I really appreciate! Will add you as a beta-tester soon (need to complete Chinese translation first).
Could you please tell me, how to split 现在几点 (What time is it) sentense to the 2 parts? It's because of MS voice commands API limitation, I need to define prefix (for English, it's "what time" and command ("is it"). Could you do the same with Chinese hieroglyphs? By the way, how voice commands works on Chinese and other ideographic languages?

And (just to prove), "current time" on Chinese is "当前时间", right?