Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,934 Members 37,471 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Knock-on question

Tip us?

setspeed
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 135
Default Knock-on question

I don't have a G2 but I absolutely love the knock-on feature which has been brought to other devices using custom kernels. On my device at least (Nexus 5) enabling this feature entails a significant battery drain.
My question for you G2 owners is: are you able to disable the feature on your phone, and if so, is there any effect on your battery life, i.e. is it better without knock on?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
--------------------------------------
POSSIBLY MY NEXT
Moto X+1

CURRENT
Phone :: Google Nexus 5
ROM :: Mahdi-ROM 2.7
Kernel: ElementalX

RETIRED / SOLD / STOPPED WORKING
Phone :: Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire, TMobile G1

BRIEFLY FLIRTED WITH
Phone :: Google Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy S i9000, Google Nexus 1

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by setspeed View Post
I don't have a G2 but I absolutely love the knock-on feature which has been brought to other devices using custom kernels. On my device at least (Nexus 5) enabling this feature entails a significant battery drain.
My question for you G2 owners is: are you able to disable the feature on your phone, and if so, is there any effect on your battery life, i.e. is it better without knock on?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure it can't be disabled since I've never seen such an option and its basically a primary function on the phone, it's almost like if it were a power button and we don't experience battery drain from it

ilovecats
Old
(Last edited by ilovecats; 6th March 2014 at 03:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 12
It can be disabled under gestures settings (on stock rom at least). The feature is one of the primary selling points (special features wise) of the phone and it's apparently well-optimized in its design (either in Kernel, or hardware, or both). The G2 also has that 3000ma battery to begin with. So battery life is definitely not a concern here.
The Following User Says Thank You to ilovecats For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]