5,605,250 Members 39,371 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] (Unofficial) [4.4.2] SlimKat Weekly 3.1 [Jewel] W/ New partitions

Tip us?

NaterTots
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 514
Unfortunately probably not. Unless it get incorporated on the CM side which we need for kernel source to make this work on jewel.

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
HTC EVO 4G - Sold
HTC EVO 4G LTE - SlimKat
HTC EVO 4G LTE - Sold
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Sold
Nokia 521- Sold
HTC First - Stock
Google Nexus 5 - SlimKat

Lee11111
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hmm, well. The reason I ask is that I soldered a wireless charger to the motherboard where the V+ comes in and a common ground, but it only recognizes it as usb charging which isn't enough

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

niteNarmor
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Just thought I would show some battery life while we are on the awesome ROM....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1394076059162.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	2615823  

Thank you TexasEpic4G for the banner.

Should the information I provided helped in any small way and you would like to thank me:
1. Hit the thanks button and/or
2. Install dropbox using this link: Dropbox
Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
The Following User Says Thank You to niteNarmor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ocarinaz64
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by niteNarmor View Post
Just thought I would show some battery life while we are on the awesome ROM....
Like I said, I regularly get between 4-5 days on this ROM from a full charge if I don't use it much. Even when I do, I normally get between 2-3 days' use out of it before it's dead.

Then again, I'm a pretty light user. I mostly use it for phone calls, and to keep my calendar / notepad in my pocket. I don't play games on it, and I don't surf the web too often. For most of that I would just use my computer anyway.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-12-09-07-08.png
Views:	300
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	2626751  
HTC ONE V - RhythmicRom (Android 4.2.2) - Retired
HTC EVO 4G LTE - Slim Bean (Android 4.4.2) - Current

Make the switch to Ting and save money on your cell phone bill! If you use this link, you will also get $25 credit to switch! Try Ting yourself.
The Following User Says Thank You to ocarinaz64 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

niteNarmor
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocarinaz64 View Post
Like I said, I regularly get between 4-5 days on this ROM from a full charge if I don't use it much. Even when I do, I normally get between 2-3 days' use out of it before it's dead.

Then again, I'm a pretty light user. I mostly use it for phone calls, and to keep my calendar / notepad in my pocket. I don't play games on it, and I don't surf the web too often. For most of that I would just use my computer anyway.
Regardless, that's still pretty good. I use mine as a computer when I'm at work or traveling. So I am a real heavy user. My phone is faster than works computers. There email system is slow and won't take people's advice on how to fix it. So at work I use my device constantly.

Thank you TexasEpic4G for the banner.

Should the information I provided helped in any small way and you would like to thank me:
1. Hit the thanks button and/or
2. Install dropbox using this link: Dropbox
Thank you for allowing me to assist you.

ocarinaz64
Old
(Last edited by ocarinaz64; 14th March 2014 at 03:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 10
I just looked on Slim Bean's website and they say their sources are now up to 3.6. I was wondering, is there a reason we're still on the 3.2 build? Not that we really need to be that bleeding-edge, but I was just wondering.

To that regard, I fully appreciate your work NaterTots, and I would be willing to try and help out. But so far, I haven't gotten a successful build ported to this device. I think my local_manifests file isn't set up right. Would you mind sharing yours with me? Even if you do plan to make updates to this forever yourself, I do want to try and build it myself once, just for the achievement.
HTC ONE V - RhythmicRom (Android 4.2.2) - Retired
HTC EVO 4G LTE - Slim Bean (Android 4.4.2) - Current

Make the switch to Ting and save money on your cell phone bill! If you use this link, you will also get $25 credit to switch! Try Ting yourself.

NaterTots
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocarinaz64 View Post
I just looked on Slim Bean's website and they say their sources are now up to 3.6. I was wondering, is there a reason we're still on the 3.2 build? Not that we really need to be that bleeding-edge, but I was just wondering.

To that regard, I fully appreciate your work NaterTots, and I would be willing to try and help out. But so far, I haven't gotten a successful build ported to this device. I think my local_manifests file isn't set up right. Would you mind sharing yours with me? Even if you do plan to make updates to this forever yourself, I do want to try and build it myself once, just for the achievement.
I'll see what I can do. I just put in a new hard drive and was working on getting the build environment back up. Hopefully soon I can get an update for this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
HTC EVO 4G - Sold
HTC EVO 4G LTE - SlimKat
HTC EVO 4G LTE - Sold
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Sold
Nokia 521- Sold
HTC First - Stock
Google Nexus 5 - SlimKat
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NaterTots For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

v01rider
Old
Thanks Meter 380
while waiting for the new update, ive tried several roms, including sense. they are all junk. yes they have eye candy, but they are intermittent. slim roms just work.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to v01rider For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SilverZero
Old
Thanks Meter 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by v01rider View Post
while waiting for the new update, ive tried several roms, including sense. they are all junk. yes they have eye candy, but they are intermittent. slim roms just work.
I've used both (actually all of the 4.3/4.4 ROMs) and I haven't had any issues with the Sense releases, visually or performance- related. Everything works. I actually did have little problems with all of the AOSP offerings, so I'm hoping the next batch will clean up the nagging issues that put me back on Sense. But I really did love Slim overall, so I'm looking forward to new builds.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

ch0de
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Roaming control

My past few ROM's have given the option for Roam only. undel Settings/Mobile networks/System Select

SlimKat does not have this.

Is there a way to get it in the settings menu?

I spend a lot of time in shotty sprint coverage and phone works a lot better in roam only mode.

Thanks in advance!