Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,915 Members 44,802 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Upgrading battery

Tip us?

kp12584
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Database Upgrading battery

So...I am new to the root and XDA thang...and I am no electrical or software engineer...but it SEEMS plausible that it could be possible that it might come to fruition one day that there could be a better battery for the Omate. Am I wrong? I just seems that in 6, 12, and 18 months from now that we could easily be looking at a battery for our smartwatches exceeding the 1000mAh mark...

What say you?

paperWastage
Old
(Last edited by paperWastage; 6th March 2014 at 03:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by kp12584 View Post
So...I am new to the root and XDA thang...and I am no electrical or software engineer...but it SEEMS plausible that it could be possible that it might come to fruition one day that there could be a better battery for the Omate. Am I wrong? I just seems that in 6, 12, and 18 months from now that we could easily be looking at a battery for our smartwatches exceeding the 1000mAh mark...

What say you?
either you fit a bigger battery (physically) in the omate

or a battery with the same physical dimension, but more amperage (due to better battery technology)

it's more likely to see an Omate v2 with 800mAh battery (probably slightly bigger battery physically, but PCB shrink and other stuff = smaller device). technology (die shrink, using fewer chips to do the same items) advances faster than battery technology unfortunately
Current Device:
Oppo Find 5 - experimental kernel