FORUMS

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

Root kitkat?

75 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By lavin40, Member on 5th March 2014, 05:50 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Can someone point me in the right direction in rooting my note 3 running 4.4.2 KitKat the help would be appreciated
Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

5th March 2014, 06:59 PM |#2  
Flag St Louis, MO
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavin40

Can someone point me in the right direction in rooting my note 3 running 4.4.2 KitKat the help would be appreciated

This the closest post I found to what you are requesting. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2671063
5th March 2014, 10:14 PM |#3  
Flag Kingston
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavin40

Search the general Note 3 thread for CF-Autoroot. Use the version for the N9005. Yes! not the N900T. Apply using ODIN.

EDIT. The N900T version will not work.

Here is the link. http://download.chainfire.eu/352/CF-...xx-smn9005.zip Make sure to extract the tar file from the zip downloaded.
Last edited by prycem; 5th March 2014 at 10:17 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to prycem For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2014, 01:51 AM |#4  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 390

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prycem

Search the general Note 3 thread for CF-Autoroot. Use the version for the N9005. Yes! not the N900T. Apply using ODIN.

EDIT. The N900T version will not work.

Here is the link. http://download.chainfire.eu/352/CF-...xx-smn9005.zip Make sure to extract the tar file from the zip downloaded.

Thanks for the link. I was just going to use the n900t right before I read your post. Do you know why the one made for our phone won't work? Just curious as I like to learn all I can.
6th March 2014, 01:58 AM |#5  
Flag Kingston
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix

Thanks for the link. I was just going to use the n900t right before I read your post. Do you know why the one made for our phone won't work? Just curious as I like to learn all I can.

Hey Bobbyphoenix, Glad I could help.

I guess it has not caught up with kitkat for our phone as yet. the N9005 kitkat has been around for some time. I am sure the N900T willl be updated now that the kitkat files are available, but for the time being it is not working.
6th March 2014, 04:45 AM |#6  
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 309

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix

This root method is used for 4.4 while the one for N900t is still for 4.3
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread