Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,298 Members 39,417 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root kitkat?

Tip us?

lavin40
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Root kitkat?

Can someone point me in the right direction in rooting my note 3 running 4.4.2 KitKat the help would be appreciated
Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

Ron_bstl
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavin40 View Post
Can someone point me in the right direction in rooting my note 3 running 4.4.2 KitKat the help would be appreciated
This the closest post I found to what you are requesting. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2671063

prycem
Old
(Last edited by prycem; 5th March 2014 at 10:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavin40 View Post
Search the general Note 3 thread for CF-Autoroot. Use the version for the N9005. Yes! not the N900T. Apply using ODIN.

EDIT. The N900T version will not work.

Here is the link. http://download.chainfire.eu/352/CF-...xx-smn9005.zip Make sure to extract the tar file from the zip downloaded.
The Following User Says Thank You to prycem For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bobbyphoenix
Old
Thanks Meter 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by prycem View Post
Search the general Note 3 thread for CF-Autoroot. Use the version for the N9005. Yes! not the N900T. Apply using ODIN.

EDIT. The N900T version will not work.

Here is the link. http://download.chainfire.eu/352/CF-...xx-smn9005.zip Make sure to extract the tar file from the zip downloaded.
Thanks for the link. I was just going to use the n900t right before I read your post. Do you know why the one made for our phone won't work? Just curious as I like to learn all I can.
Moto Defy Green Lens - CM 7.2 / Android 2.3.7
Moto Defy Red Lens - CM 7.2 / Android 2.3.7
Nexus One - CM 11 / Android 4.4.2
Galaxy S II - CM 10.2 / Android 4.3
HTC Desire HD - Stock GB / Android 2.3.6
Galaxy Note 3 - Stock Rooted KK / Android 4.4.2

prycem
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix View Post
Thanks for the link. I was just going to use the n900t right before I read your post. Do you know why the one made for our phone won't work? Just curious as I like to learn all I can.

Hey Bobbyphoenix, Glad I could help.

I guess it has not caught up with kitkat for our phone as yet. the N9005 kitkat has been around for some time. I am sure the N900T willl be updated now that the kitkat files are available, but for the time being it is not working.

mingkee
Old
Thanks Meter 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix View Post
This root method is used for 4.4 while the one for N900t is still for 4.3