Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Root kitkat?

OP lavin40

5th March 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

52 posts
Can someone point me in the right direction in rooting my note 3 running 4.4.2 KitKat the help would be appreciated
Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
5th March 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #2  
Flag St Louis, MO
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavin40

Can someone point me in the right direction in rooting my note 3 running 4.4.2 KitKat the help would be appreciated

This the closest post I found to what you are requesting. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2671063
5th March 2014, 11:14 PM   |  #3  
Flag Kingston
Thanks Meter: 18

35 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavin40

Search the general Note 3 thread for CF-Autoroot. Use the version for the N9005. Yes! not the N900T. Apply using ODIN.

EDIT. The N900T version will not work.

Here is the link. http://download.chainfire.eu/352/CF-...xx-smn9005.zip Make sure to extract the tar file from the zip downloaded.
Last edited by prycem; 5th March 2014 at 11:17 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to prycem For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #4  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 329

1,505 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prycem

Search the general Note 3 thread for CF-Autoroot. Use the version for the N9005. Yes! not the N900T. Apply using ODIN.

EDIT. The N900T version will not work.

Here is the link. http://download.chainfire.eu/352/CF-...xx-smn9005.zip Make sure to extract the tar file from the zip downloaded.

Thanks for the link. I was just going to use the n900t right before I read your post. Do you know why the one made for our phone won't work? Just curious as I like to learn all I can.
6th March 2014, 02:58 AM   |  #5  
Flag Kingston
Thanks Meter: 18

35 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix

Thanks for the link. I was just going to use the n900t right before I read your post. Do you know why the one made for our phone won't work? Just curious as I like to learn all I can.

Hey Bobbyphoenix, Glad I could help.

I guess it has not caught up with kitkat for our phone as yet. the N9005 kitkat has been around for some time. I am sure the N900T willl be updated now that the kitkat files are available, but for the time being it is not working.
6th March 2014, 05:45 AM   |  #6  
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 282

1,886 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix

This root method is used for 4.4 while the one for N900t is still for 4.3
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread