Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Root kitkat?

OP lavin40

5th March 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #1  
lavin40's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
52 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Can someone point me in the right direction in rooting my note 3 running 4.4.2 KitKat the help would be appreciated
Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
5th March 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Flag St Louis, MO
Thanks Meter: 1
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavin40

Can someone point me in the right direction in rooting my note 3 running 4.4.2 KitKat the help would be appreciated
Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

This the closest post I found to what you are requesting. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2671063
5th March 2014, 11:14 PM   |  #3  
Member
Flag Kingston
Thanks Meter: 18
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavin40

Can someone point me in the right direction in rooting my note 3 running 4.4.2 KitKat the help would be appreciated
Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

Search the general Note 3 thread for CF-Autoroot. Use the version for the N9005. Yes! not the N900T. Apply using ODIN.

EDIT. The N900T version will not work.

Here is the link. http://download.chainfire.eu/352/CF-...xx-smn9005.zip Make sure to extract the tar file from the zip downloaded.
Last edited by prycem; 5th March 2014 at 11:17 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to prycem For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #4  
bobbyphoenix's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 329
 
1,505 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prycem

Search the general Note 3 thread for CF-Autoroot. Use the version for the N9005. Yes! not the N900T. Apply using ODIN.

EDIT. The N900T version will not work.

Here is the link. http://download.chainfire.eu/352/CF-...xx-smn9005.zip Make sure to extract the tar file from the zip downloaded.

Thanks for the link. I was just going to use the n900t right before I read your post. Do you know why the one made for our phone won't work? Just curious as I like to learn all I can.
6th March 2014, 02:58 AM   |  #5  
Member
Flag Kingston
Thanks Meter: 18
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix

Thanks for the link. I was just going to use the n900t right before I read your post. Do you know why the one made for our phone won't work? Just curious as I like to learn all I can.


Hey Bobbyphoenix, Glad I could help.

I guess it has not caught up with kitkat for our phone as yet. the N9005 kitkat has been around for some time. I am sure the N900T willl be updated now that the kitkat files are available, but for the time being it is not working.
6th March 2014, 05:45 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 282
 
1,886 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix

Thanks for the link. I was just going to use the n900t right before I read your post. Do you know why the one made for our phone won't work? Just curious as I like to learn all I can.

This root method is used for 4.4 while the one for N900t is still for 4.3
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes