Post Reply

Xperia Z1s Glass Panel(s)

OP dragion

5th March 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #1  
dragion's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 12
 
250 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/03...ia-z1s-review/

According to this review, the T-Mobile SONY Xperia Z1s has a glass front, but a plastic back panel...is this correct?

I thought the Z1s was the same as the Z1 with both front & back glass.
I understand that T-Mobile requested a change to the frame which are molded in plastic instead of aluminum, but nothing about the back.

Can someone confirm this?
6th March 2014, 12:15 AM   |  #2  
aooga's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 912
 
3,121 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragion

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/03...ia-z1s-review/

According to this review, the T-Mobile SONY Xperia Z1s has a glass front, but a plastic back panel...is this correct?

I thought the Z1s was the same as the Z1 with both front & back glass.
I understand that T-Mobile requested a change to the frame which are molded in plastic instead of aluminum, but nothing about the back.

Can someone confirm this?

It's glass. That's the only review that says that...I wondered the same thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to aooga For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2014, 01:46 AM   |  #3  
dragion's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 12
 
250 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga

It's glass. That's the only review that says that...I wondered the same thing.

It's hard to tell due to the ASF installed over it...could be mistaken for being plastic.
Wished that T-Mobile didn't decide to change to the plastic frame...feels less top tier.

I guess having better reception is worth it.
6th March 2014, 01:47 AM   |  #4  
aooga's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 912
 
3,121 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragion

It's hard to tell due to the ASF installed over it...could be mistaken for being plastic.
Wished that T-Mobile didn't decide to change to the plastic frame...feels less top tier.

I guess having better reception is worth it.

Yeah, I was going to say, it's for reception. And it really doesn't make a difference anyway. As long as it's not shiny plastic, I'm fine with plastic.
6th March 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 42
 
366 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
I dropped my phone and cracked that plastic going outwards out of my usb port so I'm kinda wishing it was metal lol

Sent from my C6916 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Z1 General by ThreadRank