No registration required

Ridge Racer Slipstream - Any testers

OP ozzmanj1

6th March 2014, 08:45 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzmanj1

No, that game was never made to work with any device but the original device it was intended for. Despite several attempts... plus the original device was a 3D display...

Na, dude. Perhaps I wasn't clear on what I was referring to. The port I have is indeed hardware generic and isn't to be confused with the release designed for the 006SH which is the same device you speak of that had a 3D stereoscopic screen which when installed on a device outside of that specification, would fail.

The application and all gameplay elements run fine on the Xperia Play (but carries no optimization for the controls) and is friendly with all versions of Gingerbread but is not friendly with ICS or above as I have attempted to use it on another Xperia Play I have (for tinkering purposes) which runs an FXP CM9 based ROM. It also farts out the same error when sideloaded onto my Galaxy Note II which I have JB CM on. The error isn't system based (as in nothing akin to Install Failed, force closures, or the like) but actually occurs by the app itself. The app itself checks for various things.

Firstly it asks for your credentials, which are no problem for me.
Secondly it will sniff out your SIM. You only can be privvy to this should you not have a SIM installed as it will bark a message at you and boot you back to the home screen.

If these elements are satisfied the game runs no problem on Gingerbread and runs swimmingly on my r800i which I have an NXT ROM on. However, if played on ICS or above it will bark some other message, which seems to be the app seeking something that is present in GB but not subsequent OS releases and will kick you back to the desktop afterwards. This is what I'm interested in figuring out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rufoo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread