Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more

XDA Partners with LG for Developer Challenge

Many Android enthusiasts know the name LG. LG is the maker of some Google Nexus devices and some … more
Post Reply

Differences in battery life

5th March 2014, 10:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Hi I have an 8 gig moto g UK version on KitKat 4.42 I have noticed some days my battery life will be superb like today and others not as good I will post screenshots today's battery life is the second charge after running it down to 0%..

Battery life from the other day
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1394014951

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1394014951

Today's battery life so far

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1394014951

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1394014951

thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_Screenshot_2014-02-27-18-34-28165044106.png
Views:	298
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	2614346   Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_Screenshot_2014-02-27-18-34-34-810530597.png
Views:	235
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	2614347   Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_Screenshot_2014-03-05-10-20-34-526723388.png
Views:	234
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	2614348   Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_Screenshot_2014-03-05-10-20-43-1807936019.png
Views:	245
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	2614349  
The Following User Says Thank You to tje1991 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2014, 03:00 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 84
 
233 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
1: Your cell coverage seems to be kind of bad sometimes, it cna cause battery drain
2: Your phone is awake most of the time even with screen off, you should check your wakelocks
3: There is a thread about a mysterious battery drain, which unfortunately I got as well http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50467389
5th March 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by miklosbard

1: Your cell coverage seems to be kind of bad sometimes, it cna cause battery drain
2: Your phone is awake most of the time even with screen off, you should check your wakelocks
3: There is a thread about a mysterious battery drain, which unfortunately I got as well http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50467389

Hi thanks for the reply yeah my network is bad in this area never more than 2 bars of signal, I was running wakelock detector on 4.3 but obviously Google stopped the user from being able to read process data. I do have gsam battery monitor installed I will see if that turns anything up. I hope Motorola fixes the battery drain issue soon thanks for your help.
5th March 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 132
 
436 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tje1991

Hi thanks for the reply yeah my network is bad in this area never more than 2 bars of signal, I was running wakelock detector on 4.3 but obviously Google stopped the user from being able to read process data. I do have gsam battery monitor installed I will see if that turns anything up. I hope Motorola fixes the battery drain issue soon thanks for your help.


Notice how your battery drain is bad after GPS is used. See the link posted above by the other poster. My posts in that thread refer to GPS as being the culprit. It seems it may be the same in your case.

When you notice the bad battery drain try a reboot. It should fix it until GPS is next used. BTW I have noticed GPS doesn't always cause the drain to start, but it does quite often.

Are you on non-gpe device or gpe.
Last edited by scott_doyland; 5th March 2014 at 05:45 PM.
5th March 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_doyland

Notice how your battery drain is bad after GPS is used. See the link posted above by the other poster. My posts in that thread refer to GPS as being the culprit. It seems it may be the same in your case.

When you notice the bad battery drain try a reboot. It should fix it until GPS is next used. BTW I have noticed GPS doesn't always cause the drain to start, but it does quite often.

Are you on non-gpe device or gpe.

Hi Scott thanks for the info I didn't notice that I will fully charge tonight and then use the GPS for a little while and then stop using it to see if that causes the drain by the way my phones a standard g non gpe.
5th March 2014, 09:20 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
A quick update this is today's total battery life with some GPS use and Bluetooth on from 5pm connects to my car stereo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-05-21-17-08.png
Views:	76
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	2615404   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-05-21-17-26.png
Views:	71
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	2615405  
5th March 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 84
 
233 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tje1991

A quick update this is today's total battery life with some GPS use and Bluetooth on from 5pm connects to my car stereo.

actually with that signal level I think this is the normal drain, you got quite some screen time as well.

Sent from my phone
5th March 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by miklosbard

actually with that signal level I think this is the normal drain, you got quite some screen time as well.

Sent from my phone

Ah thanks I would have got more but the phone powered down at 10% seconds after i'd posted that, calibration issue I'm guessing.
6th March 2014, 09:04 AM   |  #9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_doyland

Notice how your battery drain is bad after GPS is used. See the link posted above by the other poster. My posts in that thread refer to GPS as being the culprit. It seems it may be the same in your case.

When you notice the bad battery drain try a reboot. It should fix it until GPS is next used. BTW I have noticed GPS doesn't always cause the drain to start, but it does quite often.

Are you on non-gpe device or gpe.

Did a bit of a GPS test this morning Scott was used for 15 mins then maps was turned off along with data so I had no other battery drain.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-06-08-57-19.png
Views:	46
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	2616174  
6th March 2014, 10:46 AM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 132
 
436 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tje1991

Did a bit of a GPS test this morning Scott was used for 15 mins then maps was turned off along with data so I had no other battery drain.

My personal experience is that I only get the drain when I have used GPS but I do not always get it when I have used GPS. Basically to me it seems like some intermittent GPS issue that causes the drain. I had it yesterday and rebooted. But today I have tested gps and all fine again - no drain.

Also have noticed after the latest KitKat update (the tiny 9MB update) that at times GPS can't get a lock.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Moto G Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank