Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,816 Members 39,110 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SIMLOCK on my sprint HTC One

Tip us?

satban
Old
(Last edited by satban; 6th March 2014 at 09:08 AM.) Reason: typo error
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] SIMLOCK on my sprint HTC One

Hi all,

First of all hats off to all the contributors of this site. Really, without you guys, many people will be wasting money and wandering around for solutions. This site has amazing content.

So, to start with. I have a Sprint HTC One which says SIMLOCK enabled when i switch it on. and when I insert a SIM, it says some UICC code not set something..like that...

I am in India now, and I want to use this phone with the local carriers here.

Here are the details of the phone:
Model No: HTCPN072
UICC ID : Not available
IMSI(UICC) : Not available

After doing initial research on this forum, I understood that, I need to unlock bootloader first, and then root and flash ROM.
when i go to bootloader (press volume down + power button) the first line shows 'unlocked' on the screen. Does it mean , bootloader is unlcoked?? Please confirm.

All I want is to use this phone in India. I found various methods to unlock, root and flash custom ROMs, but I wanted to go with XDA - but unfortunately, when l opened forums for Sprint HTC One, I see lot of posts and threads, and the result is I am lost. I dont know where to start.

I know you would have answered many questions like this, I dont want to waste your time though so point me in right direction by providing links
I would be grateful , if you direct me to the right threads for this. Also please give me links where we have all-at-one-place.

Thanks again.
satban

elvisypi
Old
Thanks Meter 1285

DONATE TO ME
Yes it means your bootloader is unlocked. For SIMUnlock read here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48867255

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
if you like my post
Devices:
HTC One
ROM : InsertCoin 3.0.2

HTC Sensation
ROM : ViperS 5.0.2 Sense 5

satban
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisypi View Post
Yes it means your bootloader is unlocked. For SIMUnlock read here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48867255

Ok. thanks for your reply.
In that URL i see " The unlock works only on SENSE ROMs" how to identify what ROM i have ??

satban
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I see, I have SENSE 4.1.2 , so that works.
now, how to root my phone... please post links.... im a novice.

elvisypi
Old
Thanks Meter 1285

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by satban View Post
I see, I have SENSE 4.1.2 , so that works.
now, how to root my phone... please post links.... im a novice.
Ok read here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2244060 You have already an unlocked bootloader, so skip this part and go directly to flash recovery (I suggest TWRP)
The recovery will ask if you want to root
Finally install the "Sprint HTC One SIMunlock helper" from play store and follow the instructions

if you like my post
Devices:
HTC One
ROM : InsertCoin 3.0.2

HTC Sensation
ROM : ViperS 5.0.2 Sense 5
The Following User Says Thank You to elvisypi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]