5,605,026 Members 34,515 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[WIP][Thinktank][DEV]Kernel 3.4.x

Tip us?

Spizzy01
Old
(Last edited by Spizzy01; 6th March 2014 at 09:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1377

DONATE TO ME
I'm pretty sure now that the following lines need to be this:

Code:
static const struct file_operations cy8ctma300_touch_fops = {
.owner = THIS_MODULE,
.open = cy8ctma300_touch_open,
.ioctl = cy8ctma300_touch_ioctl,
.release = cy8ctma300_touch_release,
};
Instead of this

Code:
static const struct file_operations cy8ctma300_touch_fops = {
.owner = THIS_MODULE,
.open = cy8ctma300_touch_open,
.unlocked_ioctl = cy8ctma300_touch_ioctl,
.release = cy8ctma300_touch_release,
};
@nickholtus - I'm hoping you can help me - why has the field 'ioctl' been changed to 'unlocked_ioctl' on your sources?

I'm trying to change it back, but can't work out where it has been originally defined. The driver will no longer compile using 'ioctl' as it's an unknown field, so I need to know where it originally comes from to progress any further. I've checked loads of places, and will keep checking - but if you know where it is that would help a lot..

Hmm.. ignore that nick... I've checked github, looks like @nobodyAtall made the changes... I'll look into it lol.

Looks like the modifications and the use of unlocked_ioctl worked on this occasion:
https://github.com/nobodyAtall/msm7x30-3.0.x-nAa/pull/7

But that was using the cy8ctma300_spi.c driver...
@nobodyAtall - I know it's hardly fair to ask/put you on the spot. But do you have any ideas of what the issue could be off the top of your head?

I've made loads of changes so far, all of which have little to no effect on how the driver performs. I've taken code and files from older versions or from other kernels which originally worked, correcting all the errors that came up with doing so but still no joy...

From what I understand, the driver is expecting the following data:

Code:
u16 xp = 0, yp = 0, z = 0, id = 0;
But isn't getting it as expected?

If the data it is receiving is not in the format expected, it'll return the 'invalid data' error in dmesg - which is fair enough. (Or in some cases reject the data altogether)

But is that data just raw data from the touchscreen itself? Or is it obtained from somewhere else?

So far all this Kernel stuff sucks lol, you think you're on the right track one minute and it turns out you're not the next. >< Then you try something new and ugh... I thought doing ROMs was bad enough...

Edit: Ignore all of that... I'm off my rocker. Lol. Clearly need to give this a rest for a short while!

Best thing to do imo is for some of us to team up at the weekend and take a look at it... We're not going to get very far with just a couple of us 'noobs' (such as myself) actively looking to solve the issue.

Current devices: C6903 | R800i | Nexus 7 | MS Surface RT
OC Settings: 2.2Ghz (1.0Ghz UC) | 1.2Ghz (1.9Ghz Max) | 1.4Ghz (1.5Ghz Max) | No OC (1.6Ghz)
Creator of AuroraPlay for Xperia Play (All Bootloaders) & Joint-Creator (with CosmicDan) of AdrenoBooster

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spizzy01 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nobodyAtall
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 19353

DONATE TO ME
~~reposting this here in case it gets some feedback~~

Does anyone have any datasheet for this touchscreen device? Some registers, timing, etc. info would be useful...

- nAa
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nobodyAtall For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

smokerman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2604

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyAtall View Post

Does anyone have any datasheet for this touchscreen device? Some registers, timing, etc. info would be useful...

- nAa
@nobodyAtall it could be helpfull if you get this touchscreen to work..if anybody have it for neoL also will be good..did you tried to make it work on xperia play without touchpads support? seems the big problem as power disconnect after a second..so it can be done..any thoughts or help on this for xperia play?
Quote:

MY ROM REVIEWS/TUTORIALS ON YOUTUBE

DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES,OR USE MY WORK IN ANY WAY WITHOUT MY PERMISSION TO DO SO!!!

if you want my answer faster, please mention me.

nobodyAtall
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 19353

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokerman View Post
@nobodyAtall it could be helpfull if you get this touchscreen to work..if anybody have it for neoL also will be good..did you tried to make it work on xperia play without touchpads support? seems the big problem as power disconnect after a second..so it can be done..any thoughts or help on this for xperia play?
From my up to now understanding of the code and on Zeus, it seems that either the driver or the device is not processing/sending interrupts the correct way.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nobodyAtall For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ljanmi
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
From my up to now understanding of the code and on Zeus, it seems that either the driver or the device is not processing/sending interrupts the correct way.
can you use RS232 serial connection like on X8 or X10mini

mikeioannina
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 16912

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljanmi View Post
can you use RS232 serial connection like on X8 or X10mini
It won't help, we can already boot the kernel & debug it so serial connection is not needed.
Please consider donating via PayPal to support development
-------------------------------------------
My work:
cm-10.1 / cm-10.2 / cm-11.0 Builds for: anzu/coconut/haida/hallon/iyokan/mango/satsuma/smultron/urushi
-------------------------------------------
Current phones:
Xperia Arc - Xperia Mini - Xperia Ray - Xperia Play
All running LegacyXperia unofficial CyanogenMod 11.0 builds & LegacyXperia 3.4.x ION kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to mikeioannina For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Spizzy01
Old
Thanks Meter 1377

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

- nAa
Datasheet attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DASF0037316.pdf - [Click for QR Code] (263.8 KB, 42 views)

OC Settings: 2.2Ghz (1.0Ghz UC) | 1.2Ghz (1.9Ghz Max) | 1.4Ghz (1.5Ghz Max) | No OC (1.6Ghz)
Creator of AuroraPlay for Xperia Play (All Bootloaders) & Joint-Creator (with CosmicDan) of AdrenoBooster

The Following User Says Thank You to Spizzy01 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

playitlouder
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Hi,

I just wanted to state, that I have a spare Play laying around, waiting for some KitKat magic
I'm not a dev, but I could test some stuff, get logcats and such...

Spizzy01
Old
Thanks Meter 1377

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

- nAa
Hi nAa,

Do you have any ideas as to what could be the issue? If you're looking for something specific or need help with something let me know, I may be able to help.

I've checked the voltages from what was in the datasheet, everything seems to check out so I doubt it's power related... I'm not sure what else to check, since a lot of things I had already tested.

nobodyAtall
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 19353

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spizzy01 View Post
Hi nAa,

Do you have any ideas as to what could be the issue? If you're looking for something specific or need help with something let me know, I may be able to help.

I've checked the voltages from what was in the datasheet, everything seems to check out so I doubt it's power related... I'm not sure what else to check, since a lot of things I had already tested.
The problem seems to be irq related. The interrupt is not firing when it should. No idea yet why it misbehaves though...

The Following User Says Thank You to nobodyAtall For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]