Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,243 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Well.....that's that.

Tip us?

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 417

DONATE TO ME
Also, the "turning WiFi on" issue, if it just stays like that, is usually an issue of a kernel/module mismatch... Remember when flashing a ROM or restoring a Nandroid when S-On you must flash the boot.img manually.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Beanstalk 4.4.4 with hells-Core Kernel)
Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Official Beanstalk)
Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Other phones "in the family": HTC DNA, HTC One (M7), Motorola Moto G GPE
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Rezound, Samsung Stratosphere, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P

Fastbird
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by REV3NT3CH View Post
you dont need to worry about usb debugging for an ruu....just boot to hboot and select fastboot and plug it in.....in my downgrade upgrade guide it will show all you need to do....the only thing you have to worry about with that is gaining s-off...an ruu wipes and reinstalls android completely...so any setting you set in rom will be wiped anyway....if wifi and all that still fails than it shows that the CleanRom is your issue....although downgrading and using the ruu.exe files require a locked bootloader and to be s-off
Now....I thought you had to be S-ON to run the RUU file? That crap-can's that idea then. I'm not S-Off. CleanRom isn't the issue. I ran a later version of it for 1.5 years, and the version I tried the restore from was 100% functional for me too. I don't think I'm going to bother flashing the phone as it sits because of the hardware issues. I'm just going to wait until I get a new logic board and then probably S-Off and play with flashing until I find something I like to sit on as a backup. The Screen is just too pretty for me to part with, lol.
Motorola Droid ---> HTC Rezound ---> LG G2

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1372

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
Now....I thought you had to be S-ON to run the RUU file? That crap-can's that idea then. I'm not S-Off. CleanRom isn't the issue. I ran a later version of it for 1.5 years, and the version I tried the restore from was 100% functional for me too. I don't think I'm going to bother flashing the phone as it sits because of the hardware issues. I'm just going to wait until I get a new logic board and then probably S-Off and play with flashing until I find something I like to sit on as a backup. The Screen is just too pretty for me to part with, lol.
all ruu.exe files and ota.zips require s-off for downgrading..... ie. say your on an older version like 3.14.605.12 you can be s-on and upgrade to higher if im not mistaken...going s-off and redoing the whole phone from first to finish on ruu and ota's would be your last chance for that board without having to spend cash....and no offense you can probably get a used perfectly working rezound alot cheaper than 70 as well...is there any chance you deleted the wrong system files....only factory ruu will it restore original files...some deletions can cause these issues as well
☢ Samsung Galaxy SIII ☢
Rom: [4.4.3] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.1 Kernel: Deathly 1.6 Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ Samsung Relay 4g ☢
Rom: [4.4.3] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.1 Kernel: B14CKB1RD Recovery:TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ HTC REZOUND ☢
HBOOT: 2.28, Unlocked, S-Off, 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r radios Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0 (Masque Of The Red Death)

Donations are never expected but are greatly appreciated

Fastbird
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
The getting stuck turning Wifi on started BEFORE I tried a restore.

Shouldn't be a kernel mismatch because I used the same kernel for the nandroid CleamRom 1.6 and the other version of CleanRom I was running (I believe 1.7).

Only wiped Data, Cache, and dalvik cache. Several times for each.

The phone is acting EXACTLY like it was prior to the nandroid restore which is why I'm so sure it's a hardware issue. And I do mean exactly. 85% of the time after rebooting it boot loops for a random amount of time. Once booted in it's fine, save for Wifi and Bluetooth not working.

I understand I could get a replacement phone for cheaper to slightly more than te $70, but that's not the point. I like to tinker. I learn by doing. Gives me something to do.

Fastbird
Old
(Last edited by Fastbird; 29th January 2014 at 01:35 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Ok, relocked and trying to upgrade to a higher RUU which by what I read is acceptable. I flashed one of the earliest ICS firmware's and rom's, and the last RUU I could find was about 3 months later so I'm hoping it's good.f

*Edit* RUU took, trying to boot, but it's boot looping like normal. I think it's safe to say hardware is jacked at this point. It's getting into the UI then dying again, just like before.

Eddie Hicks
Old
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappyloxs View Post
I also just retire the rebound for similar reasons. I went with the note 3. Just picked it up yesterday. I was going to get the moto x to keep unlimited but was able to keep it with the N3.
How were you able to keep unlimited? My contract is over with my Rezound and I want to purchase a Galaxy S4. The best Verizon would offer me to give up my unlimited data is 6gb of data for $30.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Samsung Galaxy S4 blue
Barnes & Noble Nook New GlowLight
ASUS Transformer TF700T (soon to be retired)
Kindle Fire HD 8.9
HTC Rezound (sold)
ASUS TF201 (sold)
HTC Incredible (sold)