Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,633 Members 37,711 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Front camera does not turn on (CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for Skyrocket)

Tip us?

cerhan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Front camera does not turn on (CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for Skyrocket)

I installed cm-11-20140211, cm-11-20140212, cm-11-20140213 and cm-11-20140214-NIGHTLY-skyrocket. Everything is working fine but the front camera does not turn on. Have a fix?

Commodore 64
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Sounds like a hardware issue. Do a full wipe and restore to stock ucmc1 and try again. If switching to front camera freezes and crashes out of the camera app then it is hardware.

Buy a front camera off eBay, watch a YouTube video if you haven't opened one of these phones so you don't break anything, and finally swap it out!

Cheers,
C64

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app
If there is a problem, then there is a solution.

If I helped then please hit THANKS

cerhan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore 64 View Post
Sounds like a hardware issue. Do a full wipe and restore to stock ucmc1 and try again. If switching to front camera freezes and crashes out of the camera app then it is hardware.

Buy a front camera off eBay, watch a YouTube video if you haven't opened one of these phones so you don't break anything, and finally swap it out!

Cheers,
C64

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

Thank you. I did a full wipe and re-install the stock ROM, but I still did not work. I bought from ebay front camera, when it comes to going to change.

cerhan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerhan View Post
Thank you. I did a full wipe and re-install the stock ROM, but I still did not work. I bought from ebay front camera, when it comes to going to change.
I changed the front camera and the problem disappeared.