Firefox OS Architecture and Collaboration Opportunities w/ Asa Dotzler – XDA:DevCon 2014

We were privileged to host many presentations … more

Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Xposed Framwork

OP mdorrett

mdorrett
4th March 2014, 10:21 PM   |  #1  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
I am new to using Xposed and so far moving what I have figured out. In was curious to know what modules I should be running. I am Stock Rooted with no custom rom or anything. Thank you for any and all input.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th March 2014, 11:04 PM   |  #2  
Flag Da' Hood
Thanks Meter: 324

1,066 posts
More
What device are you using? As far as module's that depends on the device and what you want to be able to do.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
mdorrett
5th March 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
VZW Note 3 Retail. Just really want the best it can be is all

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
5th March 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #4  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
More
What modules I Use
I have stock 4.3 Samsung ROM Note3, rooted.

I use "GravityBox" for most of my UI tweaks, with "Wanam Xposed" for more Samsung specific (like don't show NFC icon), Samsung keyboard extended symbols.

I love "App Settings" to set apps like: Gmail, Email, Chrome, Firefox into tablet mode with smaller font size, love Gmail app with tablet mode on the Note3.

I Use "NFC LockscreenOff" to get custom Tasker tasks being passed NFC tag information, even when the screen is off, to unlock my phone by tapping my wallet (contains an NFC Visa credit card).

"Greenify," for managing misbehaving apps.

"BootManager" even though I can probably get away with not using this, I still like it the most to select apps not to start at boot time (I see you Facebook).

Just the main Xposed modules I use, hope it gives you a few ideas.
The Following User Says Thank You to bailliab For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 158

403 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bailliab

I have stock 4.3 Samsung ROM Note3, rooted.

I use "GravityBox" for most of my UI tweaks, with "Wanam Xposed" for more Samsung specific (like don't show NFC icon), Samsung keyboard extended symbols.

I thought GravityBox was only for AOSP ROMs... We're touchwiz. I used it and loved it on my S3 running cyanogenmod11 (kitkat)... but I only use Wanam on my Note 3. There are overlaps in the mods between GB and Wanam... so if you have both installed, be careful.

I'd like to add snapshare and keepchat to the list of xposed modules, assuming you use snapchat. snapshare and fxguru (play store) are a good combo... I love sending my snapchat friends of dinosaurs walking through my yard, or aliens landing in the parking lot at work.
6th March 2014, 04:37 PM   |  #6  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhant0m

I thought GravityBox was only for AOSP ROMs... We're touchwiz. I used it and loved it on my S3 running cyanogenmod11 (kitkat)... but I only use Wanam on my Note 3. There are overlaps in the mods between GB and Wanam... so if you have both installed, be careful.

I'd like to add snapshare and keepchat to the list of xposed modules, assuming you use snapchat. snapshare and fxguru (play store) are a good combo... I love sending my snapchat friends of dinosaurs walking through my yard, or aliens landing in the parking lot at work.

You are right, there is overlap and GravityBox is for ASOP, but I like the favorite application launcher (which can be accessed as an action of GravityBox) and a few other features of GravityBox (JB).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread