Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Electrify M (XT901) possible radio capabilities

OP adbshellsu

5th February 2014, 05:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Memphis
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Hey whats up xda. As some of you know the Electrify M as the sister phone to the Razr M. Ive used this phone for the past couple of months on PagePlus and just figured I'd start messing around with it to possibly be able to use it on tmobile/att. In the last 2 days Ive made some progress using a tmobile sim card. It picked up signal but wasn't successful with calls, text or data. I didnt have enough time to fully test it since its my brothers sim but at the moment have a simple mobile sim for testing which for a briefly picked up signal when attempting to register on the network and display (network with limited service found) and not finish afterwards saying something similar to (service not available please try again later). Well now when I try to search for the network on simple mobile card attempts are unsuccessful and displaying (network unavailable). It only displays the phone number and voicemail icon at the moment. I'm currently trying to detect network on simple mobile again and go from there. T-mobile sim belongs to my brother so I'll prob go pickup a prepaid sim soon to test. It still displays signal on lte13/lte14 when tmobile sim inserted but still no signal the active simple mobile micro-sim which I read people have had trouble registering on the network sometimes. If I get anywhere Ill post it in development until then I have to get my post count up to do so.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-05-09-06-36.png
Views:	285
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	2560873   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-05-09-07-14.png
Views:	280
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	2560874   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-05-09-08-17.png
Views:	304
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	2560875   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-05-11-21-25.png
Views:	296
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	2560876  
Last edited by adbshellsu; 5th February 2014 at 06:08 PM.
11th February 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 125

1,584 posts
More
What did you do to get it to pick up a signal at all?
I've done the 8322 NV edit and tried both GSM/WCDMA and Global modes by going into *#*#4636#*#*. Phone is stuck on "Searching for Service". Even tried a few build.prop edits and using build.prop from my RAZR M. No luck there either. I've tried flashing XT907 modem, also erased modemst1 and modemst2. I also tried with and without flashing XT907's fsg. I don't know what fsg is, but the FXZ always flashes modem, fsg, then erases modemst1 and modemst2. No luck there either. Can't even turn on the radio with the modem FW from XT907.
The fact you managed to get it to show a signal bar at all is further than I got.
5th March 2014, 02:05 AM   |  #3  

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbshellsu

Hey whats up xda. As some of you know the Electrify M as the sister phone to the Razr M. Ive used this phone for the past couple of months on PagePlus and just figured I'd start messing around with it to possibly be able to use it on tmobile/att. In the last 2 days Ive made some progress using a tmobile sim card. It picked up signal but wasn't successful with calls, text or data. I didnt have enough time to fully test it since its my brothers sim but at the moment have a simple mobile sim for testing which for a briefly picked up signal when attempting to register on the network and display (network with limited service found) and not finish afterwards saying something similar to (service not available please try again later). Well now when I try to search for the network on simple mobile card attempts are unsuccessful and displaying (network unavailable). It only displays the phone number and voicemail icon at the moment. I'm currently trying to detect network on simple mobile again and go from there. T-mobile sim belongs to my brother so I'll prob go pickup a prepaid sim soon to test. It still displays signal on lte13/lte14 when tmobile sim inserted but still no signal the active simple mobile micro-sim which I read people have had trouble registering on the network sometimes. If I get anywhere Ill post it in development until then I have to get my post count up to do so.

Macau ChinaTelecom Mcc Mnc 45502 also have this issue, can't use 3G and 1X .
5th March 2014, 09:19 AM   |  #4  

4 posts
flash aussie radio
flash aussie radio then it will be gsm and u can connect, i dont have link but someone should link it
5th March 2014, 02:15 PM   |  #5  
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 888

2,159 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtchby

flash aussie radio then it will be gsm and u can connect, i dont have link but someone should link it

Can anyone verify this?

Sent from Lenovo Erazer Z500 @ AOSP Android 4.4.2
5th March 2014, 08:14 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 520

2,553 posts
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwo0...b0E/edit?pli=1
Unknown vintage.
6th March 2014, 09:15 AM   |  #7  

4 posts
help
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviwdoowks

[]https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwo0TMNUxZfFRno1V3o4dmlyb0E/edit?pli=1[/url]
Unknown vintage.

ok so i downloaded that now do i just go into fastboot and flash it or? and if so what is the command, cheers
6th March 2014, 02:03 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 125

1,584 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtchby

ok so i downloaded that now do i just go into fastboot and flash it or? and if so what is the command, cheers

fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin

I also did:
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2

Because that's what the fxz does.

Didn't work for me though. No signal, can't do *#*#4636#*#*, can't get into Status in About Phone, can't get into Mobile networks in Wireless & networks, Baseband version says UNKNOWN. Maybe I got a bad download? It did seem unusually fast. My MD5 sum is C3F9B3BAD2D5454C4E6D6F7803136567.

UPDATE: Downloaded official Aussie FXZ and flashed modem_signed. Same thing. Either there's more to it, or guy that suggested it is trolling.
Last edited by GnatGoSplat; 6th March 2014 at 02:28 PM.
6th March 2014, 03:42 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 520

2,553 posts
I found it in an old tmobile hack thread I think.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread