Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,773 Members 52,191 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Electrify M (XT901) possible radio capabilities

Tip us?

adbshellsu
Old
(Last edited by adbshellsu; 5th February 2014 at 06:08 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Electrify M (XT901) possible radio capabilities

Hey whats up xda. As some of you know the Electrify M as the sister phone to the Razr M. Ive used this phone for the past couple of months on PagePlus and just figured I'd start messing around with it to possibly be able to use it on tmobile/att. In the last 2 days Ive made some progress using a tmobile sim card. It picked up signal but wasn't successful with calls, text or data. I didnt have enough time to fully test it since its my brothers sim but at the moment have a simple mobile sim for testing which for a briefly picked up signal when attempting to register on the network and display (network with limited service found) and not finish afterwards saying something similar to (service not available please try again later). Well now when I try to search for the network on simple mobile card attempts are unsuccessful and displaying (network unavailable). It only displays the phone number and voicemail icon at the moment. I'm currently trying to detect network on simple mobile again and go from there. T-mobile sim belongs to my brother so I'll prob go pickup a prepaid sim soon to test. It still displays signal on lte13/lte14 when tmobile sim inserted but still no signal the active simple mobile micro-sim which I read people have had trouble registering on the network sometimes. If I get anywhere Ill post it in development until then I have to get my post count up to do so.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-05-09-06-36.png
Views:	277
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	2560873   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-05-09-07-14.png
Views:	271
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	2560874   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-05-09-08-17.png
Views:	294
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	2560875   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-05-11-21-25.png
Views:	289
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	2560876  

GnatGoSplat
Old
Thanks Meter 123
What did you do to get it to pick up a signal at all?
I've done the 8322 NV edit and tried both GSM/WCDMA and Global modes by going into *#*#4636#*#*. Phone is stuck on "Searching for Service". Even tried a few build.prop edits and using build.prop from my RAZR M. No luck there either. I've tried flashing XT907 modem, also erased modemst1 and modemst2. I also tried with and without flashing XT907's fsg. I don't know what fsg is, but the FXZ always flashes modem, fsg, then erases modemst1 and modemst2. No luck there either. Can't even turn on the radio with the modem FW from XT907.
The fact you managed to get it to show a signal bar at all is further than I got.

little7dragon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbshellsu View Post
Hey whats up xda. As some of you know the Electrify M as the sister phone to the Razr M. Ive used this phone for the past couple of months on PagePlus and just figured I'd start messing around with it to possibly be able to use it on tmobile/att. In the last 2 days Ive made some progress using a tmobile sim card. It picked up signal but wasn't successful with calls, text or data. I didnt have enough time to fully test it since its my brothers sim but at the moment have a simple mobile sim for testing which for a briefly picked up signal when attempting to register on the network and display (network with limited service found) and not finish afterwards saying something similar to (service not available please try again later). Well now when I try to search for the network on simple mobile card attempts are unsuccessful and displaying (network unavailable). It only displays the phone number and voicemail icon at the moment. I'm currently trying to detect network on simple mobile again and go from there. T-mobile sim belongs to my brother so I'll prob go pickup a prepaid sim soon to test. It still displays signal on lte13/lte14 when tmobile sim inserted but still no signal the active simple mobile micro-sim which I read people have had trouble registering on the network sometimes. If I get anywhere Ill post it in development until then I have to get my post count up to do so.
Macau ChinaTelecom Mcc Mnc 45502 also have this issue, can't use 3G and 1X .

mtchby
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default flash aussie radio

flash aussie radio then it will be gsm and u can connect, i dont have link but someone should link it

AndyYan
Old
Thanks Meter 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtchby View Post
flash aussie radio then it will be gsm and u can connect, i dont have link but someone should link it
Can anyone verify this?

Sent from Lenovo Erazer Z500 @ AOSP Android 4.4.2

Current devices:
Google Nexus 4 (CM11 Nightly)
Sony Xperia SP (CM11 Nightly)
Google Nexus 7 (2013, WiFi) (CM11 Nightly)
Samsung Galaxy Gear (Null_ Build 23)
Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 4.0 (CM10.2 Unofficial)
HTC Incredible S (CM11 Unofficial)
Nokia N97-1 (RM-505 22.0.110 Pre-Hacked)

Quote:
Multi-core smartphones are like M&Ms:
They don't melt on the store shelf... Just in your hands.

aviwdoowks
Old
Thanks Meter 437
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwo0...b0E/edit?pli=1
Unknown vintage.
I am Maxx'ed, X + 1/2
Moto X, Ultra, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF

-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7.

mtchby
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default help

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviwdoowks View Post
[]https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwo0TMNUxZfFRno1V3o4dmlyb0E/edit?pli=1[/url]
Unknown vintage.
ok so i downloaded that now do i just go into fastboot and flash it or? and if so what is the command, cheers

GnatGoSplat
Old
(Last edited by GnatGoSplat; 6th March 2014 at 02:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtchby View Post
ok so i downloaded that now do i just go into fastboot and flash it or? and if so what is the command, cheers
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin

I also did:
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2

Because that's what the fxz does.

Didn't work for me though. No signal, can't do *#*#4636#*#*, can't get into Status in About Phone, can't get into Mobile networks in Wireless & networks, Baseband version says UNKNOWN. Maybe I got a bad download? It did seem unusually fast. My MD5 sum is C3F9B3BAD2D5454C4E6D6F7803136567.

UPDATE: Downloaded official Aussie FXZ and flashed modem_signed. Same thing. Either there's more to it, or guy that suggested it is trolling.

aviwdoowks
Old
Thanks Meter 437
I found it in an old tmobile hack thread I think.
I am Maxx'ed, X + 1/2
Moto X, Ultra, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF

-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7.