[GUIDE] Changing boot_logo on Umeox x201 (AW-414/420, TrueSmart, etc...)
First things first...
This is not solely my work.... i've combined two different threads then edited/deleted/added various parts to make this a real noob friendly thread
Thanks to Kadan for his wonderfull Logo_builder tool.
Thanks to balamu96m for boot logo guide
Here is how MMX A110 [In fact most MTK devices] has their boot images arranged.
--> MMX A110 [MediaTek] android has three boot screens.
1) --1st one is just an image and it is present in logo.bin. [You can get it in downloaded MMX A110 Stock ROM zip file]
2) --The second screen is also an image named boot_logo. [You can get it in /system/media/images ]
3) --The third one is the boot animation. It is present in /system/media/ folder and it is of the same type of all android devices.
So we can summaries that boot imaging goes like this:
Power on device -> logo.bin -> boot_logo -> bootanimation.zip
Now, here is the guide to mod the boot images:
First of all you'll need following tools to perform the mod. Please download them.
LogoBuilder_v1.2.zip ( Here is the original Logo_Builder Thread to get the latest version. Now Logo_Builder supports boot_logo editing )
Gif2BootAnimation.zip [If you want your own animation]
1) Changing the First image - logo.bin
1. Extract LogoBuilder_v1.1.zip .It'll give you a folder named "LogoBuilder"
2. Exicute LogoBuilder.exe (Just double click it)
3. Click "Create new Project" and locate your "logo.bin" file. [Which you've got from stock ROM zip file]
4. Select "logoproject" (present inside the LogoBuilder folder) as project folder.
5. Set the logo image size to 480x854
6. Now it will extract the images from the logo.bin file. [ In between if any error message appears just CLICK ignore....for all the image..there will be some 16 images ]
7. Go to logoproject folder, you'll see the default boot logo image will be present there. Just replace it with your new boot image [The image name should be " img1.png "]
8. Click Make
Troubleshoot: [If make button is grayed out just close the program and re open it, click "open existing project" and select logoproject as the project folder. Click make.
2) Changing the Second image - boot_logo
There are two methods to do that.
The easy one: (A Big Thanks to Kadan)
1. Get a copy of boot_logo from /system/media/images to your computer.
2. Find the latest version of LogoBuilder program
3. Unzip it....Run it ..... the rest is self explanatory.( tool is real easy to use )
OLD method (If nothing works try this.. ):
Get a copy of boot_logo from /system/media/images to your computer. Rename it to boot_logo.bin
- Extract Image_Search_Editor.zip to a folder.
- Now open Image Search Editor.exe
- Select the file, boot_logo.bin to open.
- Now select 16 colors from the left side panel.
- Now click on the BMP button on the toolbar on the top.
- Now resize the image by clicking : Size --> 'Set Window Size'
- Now resize the image to that of your phone's screen size/resolution (MMX A110 : 480x854)
- Now you should see the full default boot logo image appearing in the editor.
- Now, in Image Search Editor, select: Edit-->Replace by BMP. Select the bmp image that you saved.
- Now click Apply
- Then, go to File-->Save as BIN. Save it.
- Rename the newly saved .bin file to boot_logo.
Voila !!! The second screen is also changed !!!
So now you have with you a new logo.bin and boot_logo files.
3) Changing the Third image - bootanimation.zip
1) just download any boot animation you want OR you can create your own animation using Gif2BootAnimation.zip tool (Thanks to KADAN), which should have 480x854 resolution. Rename the zip file to bootanimation.zip (if it is not already named the same).
2) Create another copy of the bootanimatin.zip and rename it to shutanimation.zip
Now you have following 4 files with you:
Creating a flash-able zip
1. Download update_boot_images.zip file.
2. Open it in winrar and replace the alerady present files with the new ones that you've just created.
3. Copy it to your SD Card
4. Reboot to CWMR
5) Choose "install zip from sdcard" option
6) Select "choose zip from sdcard"
7) select update_boot_images.zip file
8) Reboot. Done!
Original thread here
I will try to put together a visual walk through at some point
If you own a TrueSmart, Callisto 100, AW-414, AW-420 or 421 or any version of the Umeox x201 smartwatch you need to secure your device if you want to remain safe then properly root your device.
If someone helps you out, be sure to hit the "Thanks" button.
Моё судно на воздушной подушке полно угрей
(this happens a lot actually)