Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Phone call Speaker problem

OP Mohamed_Aly

6th March 2014, 10:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 2

45 posts
More
Recently.. Whenever there is a received phone call.. When I answer it, the loud speaker is activated by it's own.. I don't know why.. It didn't do that before.. And it does that only with received calls.. Simple as it is, but it's really annoying and quite embarrassing.. especially when I'm in public transport.. So, any one knows how to fix that.. Or what is the problem??

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
6th March 2014, 10:37 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 11

72 posts
It seems that the latest Chrome update causes that glitch, so try to uninstall the updates for it and if it still doesn't work, disable Chrome, restart phone and then use another browser till this is solved another way (another Chrome update that restores functionality).

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
6th March 2014, 12:01 PM   |  #3  
Flag Caxias do Sul
Thanks Meter: 19

106 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohamed_Aly

Recently.. Whenever there is a received phone call.. When I answer it, the loud speaker is activated by it's own.. I don't know why.. It didn't do that before.. And it does that only with received calls.. Simple as it is, but it's really annoying and quite embarrassing.. especially when I'm in public transport.. So, any one knows how to fix that.. Or what is the problem??

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

We have 2 other threads about this issue, looks like is happening with almos everyone, so like our friend above said, deactivate chrome and clear you phone app data and cache, doing this your problem will be solved.
6th March 2014, 01:18 PM   |  #4  
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 41

315 posts
More
For what it's worth I deleted Chrome using TB and the problem persists, so it might not work for everyone.
6th March 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 11

72 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarimSalloum

For what it's worth I deleted Chrome using TB and the problem persists, so it might not work for everyone.

You might be right, for instance, I still didn't disable Chrome, and got three calls today, everything was normal.

What I have disabled though, is Socialife and Smart Connect. Some users mentioned that after a phone restart, only the first incoming call goes to external speaker, the others are fine, after the first call.

Only thing we're sure of, this seems to have started happening to most of us at the same time.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
6th March 2014, 05:13 PM   |  #6  
Flag Caxias do Sul
Thanks Meter: 19

106 posts
More
Remember guys: after disable chrome did you cleaned data and cache from phone app? If you dont do this wont solve your problem.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread