OP Dees_Troy

5th March 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag KC MO
Thanks Meter: 9,762

1,611 posts
Donate to Me
More
Some of you have probably noticed that you cannot find the settings item that allows you to modify your account sync settings or delete accounts that you have added to your Omate TrueSmart. Below is a workaround:

First, you must install the Play Store on the device. You can find download links here. Use the file manager that comes in the stock firmware to browse to the file that you downloaded (Probably under MyFavorites) and install it. You may need to allow untrusted sources.

Once you have the Play Store installed, sign into your Google account and download and install Nova Launcher.

After Nova Launcher finishes installing, press your home key. You will be prompted to select a launcher. Tap on Nova and select just once or always, your pick. I find Nova to be pretty easy to use on the Omate TrueSmart.

Once you're at the Nova home screen, press and hold on a blank spot on the screen. A menu will pop up. Choose Shortcuts

Choose Activities

Scroll down and find the entry for Settings to expand the list

Scroll down further until you find the 2 entries for Sync. Choose the second entry

You will now have a Sync icon on your screen. Select this and now you can choose accounts.

Once you choose an account you can change the sync settings for that account. If you want to delete an account, swipe from the left edge of the screen to the right to bring up the menu. From the menu you can remove the account.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dees_Troy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 15

139 posts
Stock firmware? I don't see Sync there but I'm running Loki's 2/21 release.
6th March 2014, 05:59 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Olympus Mons, Mars
Thanks Meter: 3,282

2,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks Dees, added to the [INFO] Everything...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread