Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 52,809 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Account Sync Settings

Tip us?

Dees_Troy
Old
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 9058

DONATE TO ME
Default Account Sync Settings

Some of you have probably noticed that you cannot find the settings item that allows you to modify your account sync settings or delete accounts that you have added to your Omate TrueSmart. Below is a workaround:

First, you must install the Play Store on the device. You can find download links here. Use the file manager that comes in the stock firmware to browse to the file that you downloaded (Probably under MyFavorites) and install it. You may need to allow untrusted sources.

Once you have the Play Store installed, sign into your Google account and download and install Nova Launcher.

After Nova Launcher finishes installing, press your home key. You will be prompted to select a launcher. Tap on Nova and select just once or always, your pick. I find Nova to be pretty easy to use on the Omate TrueSmart.

Once you're at the Nova home screen, press and hold on a blank spot on the screen. A menu will pop up. Choose Shortcuts

Choose Activities

Scroll down and find the entry for Settings to expand the list

Scroll down further until you find the 2 entries for Sync. Choose the second entry

You will now have a Sync icon on your screen. Select this and now you can choose accounts.

Once you choose an account you can change the sync settings for that account. If you want to delete an account, swipe from the left edge of the screen to the right to bring up the menu. From the menu you can remove the account.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dees_Troy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bushrod
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Stock firmware? I don't see Sync there but I'm running Loki's 2/21 release.

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3258

DONATE TO ME
Thanks Dees, added to the [INFO] Everything...
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server