5,606,201 Members 32,366 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to downgrade to 4.1.1 from 4.3 Galaxy S3 SGH-I747M

Tip us?
 
santij07
Old
#51  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 40
Join Date: Jan 2014

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmikic9 View Post
Zeljko@Zeljko-PC ~
$ tar -H ustar -c aboot.mbn boot.img cache.img.ext4 NON-HLOS.bin recovery.img rpm.mbn sbl2.mbn sbl3.mbn system.img.ext4 tz.mbn > S3ModedRom.tar
tar: aboot.mbn: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

When I first enter the code this is what happens? I followed instructions for to a tee.
You include the aboot.mbn in the directory or not whatever, I said is not necessary aboot.mbn just delete it from the command line like this
: tar -H ustar -c boot.img cache.img.ext4 NON-HLOS.bin recovery.img rpm.mbn sbl2.mbn sbl3.mbn system.img.ext4 tz.mbn > S3ModedRom.tar
 
sabotage99
Old
#52  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: Dec 2011
Thank you so much! Worked great! In the instructions maybe tell people how or what to extract the tar files with. I figured out that i could extract them with winrar to get the files i needed out of them but it would have been helpful in the description. Thanks a million again though! Saved me lots of heart ache!
The Following User Says Thank You to sabotage99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
santij07
Old
#53  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 40
Join Date: Jan 2014

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotage99 View Post
Thank you so much! Worked great! In the instructions maybe tell people how or what to extract the tar files with. I figured out that i could extract them with winrar to get the files i needed out of them but it would have been helpful in the description. Thanks a million again though! Saved me lots of heart ache!
I am very happy that this post work for you, I had to spend hours working on my computer to find a way to downgrade my phone without problems and all of you can do this just in 5 to 10 minutes at most, so I wrote this post to help people like you and make life easier and thanks for the suggestion, the changes were made.
 
watchsat
Old
#54  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 49
Join Date: Nov 2005
Unhappy Back to 4.1.1 but still locked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santij07 View Post
I am very happy that this post work for you, I had to spend hours working on my computer to find a way to downgrade my phone without problems and all of you can do this just in 5 to 10 minutes at most, so I wrote this post to help people like you and make life easier and thanks for the suggestion, the changes were made.
Just tried it on my locked i317M on 4.3, went through the whole process and it back to 4.1.1 successfully, but still not be able to unlock it via *#197328640# method.
 
santij07
Old
(Last edited by santij07; 16th March 2014 at 04:33 PM.)
#55  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 40
Join Date: Jan 2014

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchsat View Post
Just tried it on my locked i317M on 4.3, went through the whole process and it back to 4.1.1 successfully, but still not be able to unlock it via *#197328640# method.
Sorry but recently I discover that the 4.3 bootloader block the backdoor to unlock the phone.

We need for now to wait for Chainfire to found a way to downgrade 4.3 bootloader.
 
adrian696
Old
#56  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 3
Join Date: Mar 2014
Default can't load ... stuck on boot

Hello,

Tried this method to downgrade and it seemed to work (passed on ODIN) but when the phone is starting, I can't seem to get passed the samsung boot. Any steps I'm missing ? thanks
 
petenatas
Old
#57  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 119
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post
Does downgrading allow you to unlock the phone for free?
Yes
 
adrian696
Old
#58  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 3
Join Date: Mar 2014
So I got through with the soft brick , now how do I unlock this phone ? I tried the free method (dialing ... ) doesn't seem to work. Any instructions please?
 
Larry2999
Old
#59  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 205
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian696 View Post
So I got through with the soft brick , now how do I unlock this phone ? I tried the free method (dialing ... ) doesn't seem to work. Any instructions please?
If you downgraded from 4.3 to 4.1.1, no one has yet posted any report of being able to unlock for free. It would seem you need to be on complete stock 4.1.1, including the bootloader, to use the free unlock method. If you downgraded to 4.1.1 from 4.1.2 or upgraded from an earlier ROM, you should be able to use the free unlock method...

1. Dial *#197328640#
2. Select <1> UMTS
3. Select <1) Debug Screen
4. Select <8> Phone Control
5. Select <6> Network Lock
6. Select <3> Perso SHA256 Off.
7. After you select this option, wait about 30 secs, then press the Menu button and select back
8. Select <4> NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ

Wait about 1 minute then power off your phone and reboot. Phone should be unlocked. You wont receive any confirmation it worked after step 8.

If you were already on 4.3, your only likely options for now would be to either contact your carrier for an unlock code, if eligible, or purchase one online via a reliable service.
 
Squish66
Old
#60  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Oct 2013
Default having trouble with unlock

i have an S3 thats on the Bell network could i not just flash it to a rogers or fido Firmware or will that brick it or just fail.

I am trying to unlock so i can use on fido. Followed the turtorial here to the letter but i still do not have these options in my list to perform it

[6] Network Lock then choose
[4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ ..... wait for a minute then reboot your phone

please advise, i am able to flash just cant unlock and also when i am in download mode its says odin mode and warranty bit : 1 in red if that means anything or not

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes