Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

DO you heard about Tizen-Update?

OP creasqui

2nd March 2014, 08:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Bern
Thanks Meter: 10
 
57 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Donate to Me
More
Hello friends,

i have read about the Tizen-Update , which will be update our "gears" and i am not sure which good aspect it will bring us ?

1.Does it easier to develop apps ?

2.What happens if android is over re written on that, will the awesome rom NULL in vain ?

3.Do you think that the new rom will be better in general ?


THANKS FOR reading and answering.

Creasqui
2nd March 2014, 10:05 PM   |  #2  
fOmey's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Sydney, AUS
Thanks Meter: 3,951
 
3,153 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by creasqui

Hello friends,

i have read about the Tizen-Update , which will be update our "gears" and i am not sure which good aspect it will bring us ?

1.Does it easier to develop apps ?

2.What happens if android is over re written on that, will the awesome rom NULL in vain ?

3.Do you think that the new rom will be better in general ?


THANKS FOR reading and answering.

Creasqui


1) Maybe.

2) Maybe.

3) Maybe.


To early to tell my friend.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fOmey For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd March 2014, 04:25 AM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Is it confirmed dthat the gear 1 is grtting tizen?

I just want a SDK for it but thiking since gear 2 will be tizen better chance of getting SDK if on same os.
3rd March 2014, 08:56 PM   |  #4  
raiu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 137
 
627 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelthunder100

Is it confirmed dthat the gear 1 is grtting tizen?

I just want a SDK for it but thiking since gear 2 will be tizen better chance of getting SDK if on same os.

Reading this http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13970_7...roid-or-tizen/

I really don't think so. Why would they? It would hurt the sales of the new devices.
4th March 2014, 02:42 AM   |  #5  
Member
Vegas
Thanks Meter: 12
 
94 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiu

Reading this http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13970_7...roid-or-tizen/

I really don't think so. Why would they? It would hurt the sales of the new devices.

There are lots of current models on store shelves. They might sell a few more if buyers knew about an update, especially if it delivers longer battery life.
5th March 2014, 10:50 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
26 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
I don't think so.
6th March 2014, 01:44 AM   |  #7  
juiceppc's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
655 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2005
if you can shoehorn in the Null Rom now on the hardware you should be able to do it even if Samsung rolls out Tizen. If it works on the hardware now it will work on the hardware later.

My question is, can we get Android on the Gear 2 or Gear Neo?
6th March 2014, 04:52 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
214 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiu

Reading this http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13970_7...roid-or-tizen/

I really don't think so. Why would they? It would hurt the sales of the new devices.

This article does imply that galaxy gear will remain a separate, isolated, product.

I'm guessing if a Tizen update is offered, it will be well after the gear2 is released. And apps that utilize the heart rate sensor or remote control of the newer gears, will need to be modified, or filtered out for the gg.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
6th March 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #9  
OP Member
Flag Bern
Thanks Meter: 10
 
57 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Donate to Me
More
@raiu

I think because it is not even older as 5 month of the release ? And Samsung often supports the products until 2 years it think.
the accu will be improved, so it is better i dont like to charge my gear ever 3-4 day :/

http://www.techstage.de/news/Samsung...K-2124764.html

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gear, tizen-update, update
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes