Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Recipients can't hear me in phone calls

OP worldextermination

5th March 2014, 10:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 26

42 posts
More
I just flashed Carbon 4.3 last night, and when making phone calls, the recipients can barely hear me. This has been an issue on a few ROMs I've flashed, but I do not know how to resolve it. I've tried searching, but can't find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda app-developers app
6th March 2014, 07:25 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 248

425 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldextermination

I just flashed Carbon 4.3 last night, and when making phone calls, the recipients can barely hear me. This has been an issue on a few ROMs I've flashed, but I do not know how to resolve it. I've tried searching, but can't find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

That's a well known issue with custom roms for opgpro. That usually happens if the custom rom you've installed is intended for a different model (i.e., using a rom for e980 on F240x model).
6th March 2014, 07:29 AM   |  #3  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 93

276 posts
More
If you're on T-Mobile, there's an audio fix.zip that keeps popping up. I dig the name BTW

6th March 2014, 07:32 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Philadelphia, PA

42 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNex_fareast

That's a well known issue with custom roms for opgpro. That usually happens if the custom rom you've installed is intended for a different model (i.e., using a rom for e980 on F240x model).

I make sure to never install ROMs for anything besides the E980 (which is the model I have). I've browsed the Carbon release thread for the ROM, and it doesn't seem to be an issue for anyone else. I was wondering if there are configs or files I can transfer over from PAC-ROM 4.3 that would fix the issue (I do not experience the audio problem with PAC)? Also to be noted, I'm running on AT&T service, not T Mobile (there seems to be a somewhat similar issue with the T Mobile OG Pro's, but the fix doesn't apply to my device).
6th March 2014, 07:40 AM   |  #5  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 93

276 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldextermination

I make sure to never install ROMs for anything besides the E980 (which is the model I have). I've browsed the Carbon release thread for the ROM, and it doesn't seem to be an issue for anyone else. I was wondering if there are configs or files I can transfer over from PAC-ROM 4.3 that would fix the issue (I do not experience the audio problem with PAC)? Also to be noted, I'm running on AT&T service, not T Mobile (there seems to be a somewhat similar issue with the T Mobile OG Pro's, but the fix doesn't apply to my device).

Ya. Figured I'd ask. Well... I've never had anything like that. You should try out 4.4 though. Might make a difference.

6th March 2014, 07:45 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Philadelphia, PA

42 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigglenuts

Ya. Figured I'd ask. Well... I've never had anything like that. You should try out 4.4 though. Might make a difference.

Thanks, my name is actually an album title by Insect Warfare. And I don't have this issue with all 4.3 ROMs, only a few. Others are fine. The only reason I avoid 4.4 is because of the major lack of customization features. It kinda sucks for me cause I don't use PIE or Halo, and I figure porting those over to 4.4 is taking the spotlight. I'm a sucker for color customization and all of the tiny little tweaks, which will probably get ported last, hah.
6th March 2014, 07:36 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
garbled voice with 4.4 ROMs on T-mobile
I have the same issue on T-mobile. Using any 4.4 ROM results in my voice fading in and out during the call. ROMS based on stock work fine.

I have tried the kitkat in-call audio fix, and it does not help.

I think the problem is due to the noise cancelling microphone on top of the phone. If I cover up the small hole at the top with my finger during a call, the voice quality gets a little better, but still very faint.

Anyone know how to disable the top microphone?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread