Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,442 Members 42,428 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] is my new screem bad?

Tip us?

clapper66
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default [Q] is my new screem bad?

i just received the screen i bought to replace on my Verizon G2 (VS980) and just installed it, when i went to turn it on this is what the screen displayed, good thing i did not glue it down, but i tried connecting the cables again but still get the same thing. have you ever seen this?

sorry about the pic quality i had to use my laptops webcam.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20140305_171647.JPG
Views:	330
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	2615506  

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,348
That might just be a bad screen are you sure the cables are all correctly plugged in

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

clapper66
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
That might just be a bad screen are you sure the cables are all correctly plugged in

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app
well i i know the digitizer worked. so im going to try putting my old cracked screen on. this is getting annoying...

WolfmanJack
Old
(Last edited by WolfmanJack; 6th March 2014 at 04:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 23
Going to sound really weird. When you reassembled the phone your white antenna cable near the bottom of the phone crosses over a connection right before it plugs in. Is that connection covered with a non conductive material or no? Reason I ask is that I have recently performed this repair myself and ran into an issue similar to this. Believe it or not but shielding that connection from the antenna cable with a piece of electrical tape fixed the crazy acting screen I had.

Here's a link to the thread I had with a video how to I found.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2660266

Sent from my LG-VS980 using xda app-developers app
Sent From Wolfman Jack's M6500

LG G2 VS980
PA 4.4RC2 20140620
3.4.94-kitkat
"Keep on keepin' on and I'll catch you on the flip side"

clapper66
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by howesfd View Post
Going to sound really weird. When you reassembled the phone your white antenna cable near the bottom of the phone crosses over a connection right before it plugs in. Is that connection covered with a non conductive material or no? Reason I ask is that I have recently performed this repair myself and ran into an issue similar to this. Believe it or not but shielding that connection from the antenna cable with a piece of electrical tape fixed the crazy acting screen I had.

Here's a link to the thread I had with a video how to I found.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2660266

Sent from my LG-VS980 using xda app-developers app
i actually watched that to do this repair and found out about this when i put my cracked screen back about that. so i tried putting the other one back in and nothing. so i already contacted the seller and will be getting a refund, and this time will just make sure i buy a screen with a Verizon logo on it, then i should work, also for some reason now my speaker is not working.

WolfmanJack
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapper66 View Post
i actually watched that to do this repair and found out about this when i put my cracked screen back about that. so i tried putting the other one back in and nothing. so i already contacted the seller and will be getting a refund, and this time will just make sure i buy a screen with a Verizon logo on it, then i should work, also for some reason now my speaker is not working.
Here is the link to the one I bought. Select accesories4 as a seller.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HNB...4127735&sr=8-1
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfmanJack For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

clapper66
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by howesfd View Post
Here is the link to the one I bought. Select accesories4 as a seller.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HNB...4127735&sr=8-1
ok thanks, when i ordered the one i organically bought i took a chance. The annoying this is i could find any information online about the screen being universal with all models and i took a chance with the one i bought that said compatible with all models.

WolfmanJack
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapper66 View Post
ok thanks, when i ordered the one i organically bought i took a chance. The annoying this is i could find any information online about the screen being universal with all models and i took a chance with the one i bought that said compatible with all models.
Ya I tried to cheap out and initially bought a screen without an LCD.