XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Replace battery?

Tip us?

shaun298
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartv View Post
Well, it seems to last about the same as the original battery that I used for a year and a half. Which means I have to put it on a charger every other night or it will day before the next night. When my tablet was new (and I was really hammering the usage back then), I could normally go 3 or 4 days between charges.

Newegg just got back to me with this:

So, they are saying that Samsung made all the replacement batteries for these tablets back when they manufactured the tablets themselves and they are not making new batteries for it any more. Effing LAME!
I would have lookeed for any manufacture that that makes that physical size and mah. I had an Acer a 500 and got a 2013 battery for it last year. I just look for the same dimensions and size. Its a pain in bass.

fuadda
Old
Thanks Meter 0
if you battery is dead, i just go to samsung service center, ill be cheap though.

d4rkkn16ht
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Is this battery good?
http://www.wirelessground.com/samsun...FdJ9Ogodw3MAqg

If it is, I'm gonna buy it

stuartv
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuadda View Post
if you battery is dead, i just go to samsung service center, ill be cheap though.
I got a quote from a Samsung service center before I bought the battery on Newegg. They quoted me $150 to change out the battery and they wouldn't sell me a battery to let me do it myself. And, from what I know now, I have to believe they would have swapped in another 2 (or more) year old battery when they did it, which does me NO good.

stuartv
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rkkn16ht View Post
Is this battery good?
http://www.wirelessground.com/samsun...FdJ9Ogodw3MAqg

If it is, I'm gonna buy it
That's the right battery. But, good luck getting one that was made since 2012.