Finally after hours and hours of trying different methods I finally have NFC working on the i9195. I used the stock UK FW I9195XXUBMJ7 and also works with the stock I9195XXUBML1 FW from EE network UK.
- Using Odin flashed the FW, Carried out a few wipes for good measure and then re-flashed FW I9195XXUBMJ7 from SamMobile.
- Still NFC will not toggle on.
- Using Odin flashed custom recovery (recovery-clockwork-188.8.131.52-serranoltexx)
- Installed the GT -i9195 Rootkit_v2
- installed KNOXDisablerFree_v1.0.1.apk and disabled the KNOX notifications etc. (will properly remove KNOX later)
- installed Root Explorer app
Using root explorer navigate to system>lib>hw, find the file ‘nfc_nci.msm8960.so’ give read write permission and renamed as others have mentioned with all lower case. Did not even reboot but the toggle for NFC stays on but after a reboot back to square one.
I tried using the S4mini_NFC_FIX_StockRom.zip before but no luck but combined with renaming and then using the S4mini_NFC_FIX_StockRom.zip it seems to be working fine now.
Restarted, Switched off the phone for a while and then back on, more reboots and it seems to be staying on.
Hope this way works for all. Good luck
All the files needed can be found on this thread apart from the FW files. they are on www.sammobile.com
A big thank you to all on this thread.