XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][VZW]Stock/Deodex/Root/Busybox/Unsecure Kernel[12.22.13]

Tip us?

mtran13
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoaudio13 View Post
After flashing your ROm and suddenly I got no Data connecrion. Please help. Was fine before. I'm in vietnam using Vinaphone Carrier with correct apn settings but no 3G connection at all. Try different SIM, got 3G but not with Vinaphone mobile network
I have the same problem. It can't figure out how to get data back on. Mobiphone and Vietel seems to work. Please let me know if you find a solution. Thanks.

leoaudio13
Old
Thanks Meter 172

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtran13 View Post
I have the same problem. It can't figure out how to get data back on. Mobiphone and Vietel seems to work. Please let me know if you find a solution. Thanks.
I guess it messed up the original 'carrier' partition. If u look closely to the partitions table somewhere in forum. I'm currently outside of country but roaming and using data on other network just fine. Only Vinaphone messed up.
What I did was flashing International Rom into this phpne to test as if it would work or not but got bootloop so i reflash VZ rom again. Thats when those APNs of Vinaphone started to messed up.

If only we can have Encrypted RUU from Verizon and try to reflash to stock, perhaps that would help ? Maybe need to S-on and locked bootloader first.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

leoaudio13
Old
Thanks Meter 172

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Ok, lets test this :
- put your Vinaphone Sim into the phone
- go to Data Connection, change network to CDMA. Your phone now shouldnt have any signal.
- Now you can manually dial ##778# and hitting send in your dialer. Choose EDIT mode. The password is 000000. This will take you to your programming screen. Go to modem settings and then Rev A, change it to enabled and then hit the menu button on your phone and commit the changes. It will tell you to reboot.

Let the phone fully reboot then switch back to GSM/UTMS, let see how it goes.

Let me know

mtran13
Old
(Last edited by mtran13; 24th February 2014 at 05:30 AM.) Reason: Update
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoaudio13 View Post
Ok, lets test this :
- put your Vinaphone Sim into the phone
- go to Data Connection, change network to CDMA. Your phone now shouldnt have any signal.
- Now you can manually dial ##778# and hitting send in your dialer. Choose EDIT mode. The password is 000000. This will take you to your programming screen. Go to modem settings and then Rev A, change it to enabled and then hit the menu button on your phone and commit the changes. It will tell you to reboot.

Let the phone fully reboot then switch back to GSM/UTMS, let see how it goes.

Let me know

I went in and followed your instructions. It still only has calling but no data.

leoaudio13
Old
(Last edited by leoaudio13; 24th February 2014 at 05:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 172

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Your instructions seems to work for me in the US. In VN, I can't seem to get past ##778#. It gives me this message: Connection problem or invalid mmi code
U need to switch to CDMA/LTE for it to work. Even in Vietnam

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Quote:
I went in and followed your instructions. It still only has calling but no data.
Let me dig in a lil bit more. Im currently in Egypt for business. When i get back VN after 2 more days i'll test more. But pretty sure that only reflash an encrypted RUU solves the problem. I managed to find everywhere for an encrypted RUU but no success.
My phone in day 1 works perfectly with 3G but one time i got into airplane and put the phone into flight mode, then 3G dissapeared. I guess it has to be something with phone's PRL too. Managed to update the phone's PRL files to Verizon latest but still no joy.

Maybe no more Verizon phone for me. Been on almost every single flagship phone in the market but this phone is a pain in da a$$ for data connection.

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

And weird thing is, in here, Vodafone, Etisalat and MobileNil, the phone works just fine with full 3G. I tried to call Vinaphone in Vietnam and asked them to reset my 3G and network, sill no luck

The Following User Says Thank You to leoaudio13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mwebb34
Old
Thanks Meter 82
If I wanted to return this device would this Rom be the one I flash? What's my next step.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jiggity Janx
Old
Thanks Meter 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebb34 View Post
If I wanted to return this device would this Rom be the one I flash? What's my next step.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
If Verizon then lock bootloader then flash http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2587336
2 Verizon One MAX rumrunner.us s-off Galaxy Note 8.0 w/ Terok Nor 3 2 OG Nexus 7 w/ CM11