KERNEL: ElementalX 14

RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7.0.0

BOOTLOADER: Dark 4.19.401.9

yurinaka
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Awesome guide. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to yurinaka For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rachid.Ala
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakOde View Post
Probably u could have just told them to download "android bundle" from developer site..that could have saved a lot of their work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain Hacker View Post
Dude a suggestion don't get angry you can just link to the ADT bundle instead of downloading SDK and Eclipse separately... By the way nice guide for starters.. But you could have also included using XML stuff and not just the coding.. Just a suggestion.. After all they also need XML to master developing...
I prefer the users know exactly what they are installing anyway I will add it to the tut ASAP And XML stuff will be a complete new tutorial in the near future
Thanks for all of you and enjoy
Device : Galaxy S II
Android : 4.4.2
Runtime Environment : ART
ROM : SlimKat unofficial builds by Fusionjack (always latest)
Kernel : Dorimanx beta mali v3 V10.43 (always latest)
Modem : XXLS8
Talk is cheap, show me the code !
If I helped you out and you'd like to show your appreciation, click the thanks button
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rachid.Ala For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

magestic1995
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachid.Ala View Post
The toolbox : JDK

As I said quickly in the introduction, Android applications are developed in Java. You may already have some of the tools that I will present here if you ever developed in Java. Well, so much better! It is much less work for you.

A word about Java

One characteristic of Java is portability, which means that computer programs written in the Java language must run similarly on any hardware/operating-system platform. This is achieved by compiling the Java language code to an intermediate representation called Java bytecode, instead of directly to platform-specific machine code. Java bytecode instructions are analogous to machine code, but they are intended to be interpreted by a virtual machine (VM) written specifically for the host hardware. End-users commonly use some special tools installed on their own machines.

These tools are included in the JDK. In addition, the JDK contains the JRE (so also the virtual machine), which is handy.
To summarize, there has two cases:
  • You are a simple user of Java : you must have JRE.
  • You are a developer : you need the JDK tools

Frequently asked question :
  • Since I tried to put myself in Java, I may already have JDK installed ... How do I know if this is the case ?

We will make a very simple little test (or rather 2 ).

Start by opening a command prompt in Windows (Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt) or a terminal if you're on a Mac or GNU / Linux.
  • To know if JRE is installed, type the following command:
    Code:
    java -version
  • To know if JDK is installed, type the following command:
    Code:
    javac

In both cases, if the command is not recognized, is that you do not have the tool in question (JRE or JDK).

If you have only the JRE, install the JDK.
If you have nothing ... Install the JDK: p (the JRE is included anyway).

In short, now that you know where you stand with your Java environment, you can do (or not btw) the installation.

While all of these explanations were not necessarily required, it is still better to know what is installed, right ?

Installing the JDK

The installation of the JDK will be faster than his explanations, I promise

downloading
To start, go to this address.
Click the "Download JDK" button.
On the next page, accept the license agreement and click on the executable to download : jdk-7u51-windows-x64.exe in my case

installation
To start the installation, double-click the executable previously downloaded and let it guide you (or run it from a terminal).

And voilą ! Here is the first brick laid.
Hello when you said "To start, go to this address" there is no address to go to. Really looking forward to using this guide but need the link
Carrier:T-Mobile
Devices:
Primary: LG G2 (801)
Rom: -
Secondary: Nexus 4 (Mako)
Old: Mytouch 4g (HTC Glacier)
The Following User Says Thank You to magestic1995 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rachid.Ala
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by magestic1995 View Post
Hello when you said "To start, go to this address" there is no address to go to. Really looking forward to using this guide but need the link
Fixed, thanks
Device : Galaxy S II
Android : 4.4.2
Runtime Environment : ART
ROM : SlimKat unofficial builds by Fusionjack (always latest)
Kernel : Dorimanx beta mali v3 V10.43 (always latest)
Modem : XXLS8
Talk is cheap, show me the code !
If I helped you out and you'd like to show your appreciation, click the thanks button
The Following User Says Thank You to Rachid.Ala For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

corey749
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Thanks!

Quote:
I prefer the users know exactly what they are installing anyway I will add it to the tut ASAP And XML stuff will be a complete new tutorial in the near future
This is incredibly helpful, thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to corey749 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ronald_loulan
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Good job...
Looking forward or tips to create some quiz/apps...
The Following User Says Thank You to ronald_loulan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EvangelineX
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to EvangelineX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chain Hacker
Old
Thanks Meter 259
Quote:
good and dude remember i am ready to help if you need any like some tutorials and stuff. If at all you need anything just PM me.
DEVICE:- LG-P350 (OPTIMUS ME/PECAN) & SONY XPERIA SP(C5302)

YES, I DO SUPPORT OPEN SOURCE FOLLOW ME THROUGH GITHUB
IF YOU LIKE MY WORK THANK ME BY PRESSING THANKS BUTTON
The Following User Says Thank You to Chain Hacker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ugglaimossen
Old
Thanks Meter 2
This is wonderful! I was just thinking of where to start! Many thanks!

Sent from my Lenovo K910 using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to Ugglaimossen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
android, application, create, environment