5,597,501 Members 31,613 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need help rooting Dragon Touch A7 Tablet

Tip us?

Sparkster691
Old
(Last edited by Sparkster691; 27th November 2013 at 12:11 AM.) Reason: R7 not A7
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Need help rooting Dragon Touch A7 Tablet

(Edit: Sorry guys, this is R7, not A7. LOL)

Hello again, guys. I had just sold my ZTE Majesty for a tablet. It's brand new that I got off of Amazon. It was only like 100 dollars or so. But here is my problem... I can't get this to root at all. Every application acts as if it isn't an Android device. I can't connect it to my PC because there isn't a way to view the files from the Tablet to the PC.

I've tried zRoot, Poot, Spaarkyroot, Framaroot, but I couldn't get any of those to work. And like I said, I can't do PC to Tablet connection (or at least I don't know how, there might be a way.)

Thanks for the help, guys! And good luck trying to root the ZTE Majesty!

Android 4.1.1
Model Number R7

hdeg2007
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Talking try motochopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkster691 View Post
(Edit: Sorry guys, this is R7, not A7. LOL)

Hello again, guys. I had just sold my ZTE Majesty for a tablet. It's brand new that I got off of Amazon. It was only like 100 dollars or so. But here is my problem... I can't get this to root at all. Every application acts as if it isn't an Android device. I can't connect it to my PC because there isn't a way to view the files from the Tablet to the PC.

I've tried zRoot, Poot, Spaarkyroot, Framaroot, but I couldn't get any of those to work. And like I said, I can't do PC to Tablet connection (or at least I don't know how, there might be a way.)

Thanks for the help, guys! And good luck trying to root the ZTE Majesty!

Android 4.1.1
Model Number R7
Hi I have a Dragon Touch DTR97 tablet, I as you tried everything I could find to root my tablet, nothing worked. Then I came across motochopper, it worked and my DTR97 is now rooted. Next step is to find a cwm_recovery.img for it. Have not had any luck in flashing a custom recovery image, yet, still trying.

RandyIcon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I also have the same model and am looking for a similar solution.
The driver installs correctly and connects without problem, but when USB debugging is enabled and it tries to install the debug driver, it will not install correctly. This causes me to not be able to use it with any rooting programs. Is there anywhere I can get a compatible driver?