5,596,354 Members 38,808 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] U.S. buyers: mobile hotspot/tethering?

Tip us?

NWKENT
Old
(Last edited by NWKENT; 2nd March 2014 at 05:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by serophia View Post
If your getting it for Verizon then the CDMA version from the motorola website would be the best option for you. I don't know if that version has mobile hotspot or not but the US GSM does but it does not work for Verizon which is a CDMA company.
Yes Sir..I own this Moto G is CDMA but is locked, and cannot be unlocked..is there a CDMA that is "Unlockable".? I guess I need to do a lot more research..Verizon's data is by far the best in this area, is why I perfer to keep with them..all others a very poor here..and I do understand clearly what you are saying..thanks for your input..

sent by my 4.3_14.14.14
XT1028 (aka) Moto-G
The LAST American Cell Phone.!

luna_joao
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWKENT View Post
Yes Sir..I own this Moto G is CDMA but is locked, and cannot be unlocked..is there a CDMA that is "Unlockable".? I guess I need to do a lot more research..Verizon's data is by far the best in this area, is why I perfer to keep with them..all others a very poor here..and I do understand clearly what you are saying..thanks for your input..

sent by my 4.3_14.14.14
XT1028 (aka) Moto-G
The LAST American Cell Phone.!
Mine from Verizon was locked before kitkat and still locked now that I did the update. And LOCKED BOOTLOADER! So no ROOT at all for some time (forever maybe?). This is CRAP! And CDMA! Don't buy unless you want an $99 media player.