XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][Nook HD+][cm-10.2] fix 'twitchy' touchscreen sensitivity

Tip us?

JanSpatschek
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvanburen View Post
It's possible, but it does have 'touch' in the filename. I also found this post you may want to check out.
That was what I was looking for!

drmarble
Old
(Last edited by drmarble; 4th March 2014 at 05:45 AM.) Reason: bad assert in old file
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 488
Default Flashable cm-11.0 8x8 fuzz kernel

Here is a cm-11.0 kernel, totally stock except for the fuzz being set to 8x8.
https://app.box.com/s/rthz1qb4iwyaijrprjdw
If anyone wants to mirror this, feel free. My account got maxed out for a couple months last time I posted a kernel. I expect this will be less popular.
Hope this satisfies all of you with very bad touch screens. Don't expect regular updates. Mine works best with 3x5.
No HD (Hummingbird) version is planned since I haven't heard nearly as many complaings about their touchscreens. And, I don't have one to test on.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drmarble For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JanSpatschek
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmarble View Post
Here is a cm-11.0 kernel, totally stock except for the fuzz being set to 8x8.
https://app.box.com/s/iooo78dht76xh8a8drqj
If anyone wants to mirror this, feel free. My account got maxed out for a couple months last time I posted a kernel. I expect this will be less popular.
Hope this satisfies all of you with very bad touch screens. Don't expect regular updates. Mine works best with 3x5.
No HD (Hummingbird) version is planned since I haven't heard nearly as many complaings about their touchscreens. And, I don't have one to test on.
Thanks very much, this helps so much! Could you by any chance also upload a 8x8 fuzz Kernel version that can be used with CM 10.2 stable? I think a lot of CM 10.2 users with the bad touchscreen would appreciate that.

drmarble
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 488
Someone has reported that this won't flash because of an "assert failed". I get that too.
I don't know why the assert isn't working. It doesn't work for me either. You could just edit that line out of
META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script
I won't do it for the uploaded kernel because Then folks could flash it to an HD or anything (motorola, lg, samsung).
I'll try to fix it correctly and upload a replacement. Something changed in cm-11 and the new CWM recovery we need for it.
Sorry that I posted a kernel that wouldn't flash.

I doubt I will make a cm10.2 8x8 kernel. I changed my build setup for cm-11.0. If I get very inspired I will make another 10.2 build. First, I want to understand why the assert isn't working.

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3406

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
First, I want to understand why the assert isn't working.
See my post in the CM11 thread.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2 here

JanSpatschek
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Got random reboot while restoring Apps with Titanium Backup. Official CM11 doesn't seem to like me.

drmarble
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 488
Default cm-10.2 8x8 fuzz kernel

Due to popular demand here is a cm10.2 kernel with 8 x 8 fuzz.
https://app.box.com/s/ry03xsmhlxq2jomnwlaj
This should flash correctly with the older cwm and twrp used for cm-10.2. Do NOT use this with cm-11.0.
It is completely stock for 10.2. No changes except for the fuzz being increased from 3x5 to 8x8. Since it is stock, fstrim is enabled. This appears to work fine with all emmc chips since the kernel was patched by our own verygreen.
Hope that you enjoy this.
The Following User Says Thank You to drmarble For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JanSpatschek
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Due to popular demand here is a cm10.2 kernel with 8 x 8 fuzz.
https://app.box.com/s/ry03xsmhlxq2jomnwlaj
This should flash correctly with the older cwm and twrp used for cm-10.2. Do NOT use this with cm-11.0.
It is completely stock for 10.2. No changes except for the fuzz being increased from 3x5 to 8x8. Since it is stock, fstrim is enabled. This appears to work fine with all emmc chips since the kernel was patched by our own verygreen.
Hope that you enjoy this.
Thank you so much, this is so helpful!

Tags
kernel, nook hd+