If you have a (S-ON) device you can go to OMJ's thread and run the RUU.exe for instructions:
read the instructions under the image on the page...
If you want to flash the modified firmware you need (S-OFF), then you would follow these instructions:
Originally Posted by Kev1jm2
I want to return to stock so I can take an OTA. I am currently running Sprint 4.3, rooted, unlocked bootloader, S-ON, software version 3.04.651.2.
I have been reading up on the proper way to return to stock and just want to double check that I have the right information before i break something.
1. Download 3.04.651.2 RUU (or do I want 4.06.651.4 or 4.06.651.2?)
2. USB debugging turned on
4. go into fastboot
5. Connect phone to computer and go to Andriod SDK folder platform-tools and open a command window
6. type fastboot oem lock in the command window
7. go back to fastboot and run the RUU (how exactly do I run the RUU?)
8. Am I done now? Will these steps give me the stock rom, locked bootloader and stock recovery?
is this how I flash the RUU from the command window?
Fastboot oem rebootRUU
Fastboot flash zip firmware.zip (if filename = firmware.zip)
Thanks for the clarification.
I downloaded 4.06.651.4..
then renamed 4.06.651.4.zip to "firmware.zip"..
then moved firmware.zip to 'where-ever fastboot & adb are installed'..
then open command prompt in that folder..
then rebooted to bootloader..
plug phone through USB port, phone should say FASTBOOT USB
cmd: "fastboot oem rebootRUU" (without quotes of course)
cmd: "fastboot flash zip firmware.zip"
cmd: "fastboot reboot" (to reboot)
Hope this helps!