Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,536 Members 53,117 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

WiFi Not Working

Tip us?

nlck09
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default WiFi Not Working

I've only owned my Omate Truesmart for one day and the WiFi decided to give it up. I turned the wifi off once today and as soon as I tried to turn the WiFi back on it would not work. Whenever I touch the button to activate WiFi it lights up blue for a second and it then stops. Tried it several times today and nothing different. When I try to get into the wifi settings from the "Wireless & Networks" I'm greeted by a blank screen too.

So far I'm considering if it's a software issue I might try to return it to the stock firmware with this guide. However I'm waiting until I get some input from other people. I don't have cellular data access because I don't have a sim card in it. Any help is appreciated.

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3258

DONATE TO ME
So what not stock firmware are you running? BTW both BT and wifi hang on stock firmware. You need to disable quickboot and reboot.

Question. What is wrong with my flashing guide so I can fix it.
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server
The Following User Says Thank You to Lokifish Marz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nlck09
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Oh nothing wrong with the guide. I haven't used it yet. I'm on the stock firmware. How do I disable the quickboot?

Lokifish Marz
Old
Thanks Meter 3258

DONATE TO ME
Settings/System/Accessability, it;s the last option.
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server
The Following User Says Thank You to Lokifish Marz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nlck09
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz View Post
Settings/System/Accessability, it;s the last option.
Thanks! It worked perfectly!

TCommander
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz View Post
So what not stock firmware are you running? BTW both BT and wifi hang on stock firmware. You need to disable quickboot and reboot.

Question. What is wrong with my flashing guide so I can fix it.
I got my Omate today and am having trouble with Wifi. If I turn wifi on it crashes the phone and cuaes it to completely power off. It will run for as long as I like with airplane mode on and will not crash if I turn bluetooth on. I found this suggestion and turned quickboot off and rebooted. Still the same behavior with wifi. Has anyone else reported this? Any suggestions?

I'm running firmware 20140120

Urgento22
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have a weak wifi signal on my Omate. Unless I'm right next to the router I can't pick up a wifi signal with the watch. Is there anything that I can do about this?

Lokifish Marz
Old
Thanks Meter 3258

DONATE TO ME
Sounds like the wifi antenna connector came lose. Contact Omate and get it replaced. The only other option is to disassemble it and reseat the connector.