Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,522 Members 38,326 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Pc screen mirror / use as monitor

Tip us?

throcker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 104
Default Pc screen mirror / use as monitor

Heeey guyz, I want to use my n7 as monitor to keep the laptop in a drawer...
kainy, splashtop, I really didn't find these useful. the main goal is to have an acceptable latency on games.
also, I have a 720p monitor on my laptop, so, changing the resolution to have full 1080 output would be great instead of a scaled image...

can anyone help me?? thank you all
flash veteran

HTC One M7ul silver 32Gb
Nexus 7 (2013) Flo WiFi 16Gb

datallboy
Old
Thanks Meter 88

DONATE TO ME
I use iDisplay as a secondary display, it uses USB connection instead of over WiFi.

The refresh rate isn't fast enough to play games on though. An HDMI connection would work better, but I'm not sure if the nexus 7 has HDMI input (it can output with an adapter).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
Current Devices

XDA Banner

Retired Devices

Nook Tablet 8GB

Email: datallboy@gmail.com
The Following User Says Thank You to datallboy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

helioXverse
Old
(Last edited by helioXverse; 7th March 2014 at 06:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 15
I have used "splashtop 2" which is a free app (paid version allows access even from other locations via the web) and uses WiFi to control your PC and view the exact desktop. It supports windows 8 and all the touch controls, essentially turning your device into a full windows tablet, though I wouldn't try and game with it. I just picked up my n7, so I can't vouch specifically for this device but it worked great on my galaxy Nexus and lg optimus g.

Feel free to pm me if you have any questions I can help with.

Edit - I totally missed the already tried splash top and the desire to use for gaming. As far as I know, hdmi->slim port would be the only tolerable (frame wise) way to game from the PC displayed on the tab screen. I'll see if I can dredge up any info that will help.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to helioXverse For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]