5,606,201 Members 33,324 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to Root stock SPH-L710 4.3

Tip us?

Azhai
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Can I delete UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.93 and DE-SAMSUNGNIZER_KNOX_REMOVAL_SCRIPT_V1.0 from my phone after rooting?

akaTRAP
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by goku2778 View Post
probably...has happened to me with this and last Samsung, only worked with their original cable and not from other phones that had the same cable, only good for charging and basic file transfers but with Odin, would fail

I'd bet anything it's the cable
You mean to tell me I can't use my MediaBridge cable to root an S3? I'm disappointed.

goku2778
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaTRAP View Post
You mean to tell me I can't use my MediaBridge cable to root an S3? I'm disappointed.
if it's not working, then I'd say no lol I have tons of USB cables that fit my s3 from previous droids and only used the 1 that came with my s3 out of the box cause of such failures...rooted 2 s4's for friends, a vzw and an at&t and I told them each just make sure you bring the USB cable that came with the phone.

so just telling you from experience with USB data transfer failures, hasn't once happened to a Droid of mine while using its USB cable but has failed by using hand me downs or other cables.

brain56
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
if it's not working, then I'd say no lol I have tons of USB cables that fit my s3 from previous droids and only used the 1 that came with my s3 out of the box cause of such failures...rooted 2 s4's for friends, a vzw and an at&t and I told them each just make sure you bring the USB cable that came with the phone.

so just telling you from experience with USB data transfer failures, hasn't once happened to a Droid of mine while using its USB cable but has failed by using hand me downs or other cables.
Would this be another reason why my GS3 doesn't connect to my computer after installing Cyanogenmod 10.2 just using a random USB cable?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

goku2778
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by brain56 View Post
Would this be another reason why my GS3 doesn't connect to my computer after installing Cyanogenmod 10.2 just using a random USB cable?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
possibly...did you enable USB debug again?

ohiojoe
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by omzlat View Post
Hey, I quiet haven't XDA Developers for a long time. So, I started to work on my SGS3 last Saturday. Now, I got a little confused about root to device. So, how I get link or copy/paste to file what? Odin?
At the very top of the OP (first post) you'll see a line that says:"1st download the all in 1 root folder I put together----> S3 Root Bundle"

Click the "s3 Root Bundkle" link. That's all the files.

akaTRAP
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:

That's really unfortunate.....and makes little sense as to why the USB cable would be important. Oh well, I'm sure my mom kept hers (hopefully), and quick research hasn't shown up results saying using a good USB cable (MediaBridge makes an amazing USB micro cable) other than the original one will cause problems. I'll try it in a week and report back.

btw, anyone know of any stable KitKat ROMS? I'm looking for one that I could flash and basically have everything work. So far I'm looking at CyanFox and the 1/24 release of Carbon but idk how stable those are. I'm not interested in Nightly ROMS. I'm not interested in uninstalling/installing .apk files (still haven't figured out how to do it).

ty080279
Old
Thanks Meter 23
can i get a mirror?, main DL link is down

themio
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Tethering question.

Does tethering work using this method?

banccalif
Old
Thanks Meter 971
I followed this guide to root my replacement phone that was given to me with 4.3. After flashing cm/AOSP roms (octo & asob) I have proximity sensor issues immediately and after a day it begins to reboot and data wipe on its own. Is there anything I can to fix this? I dislike running tw so much I'm desperate for advice

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk