Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 45,209 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Fully Reset Note 3

Tip us?

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1387

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takwas View Post
I'm quite sure it's not region-locked, but SIM-locked...if only a custom ROM would bypass the lock, I wouldn't hesitate to flash one on it.
Three lock their mobiles to their network. Never listen to sales staff as they're just after a quick sale. - And no flashing a custom ROM won't bypass the SIM Lock, you'll have to shell out the money to get it unlocked.
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)

hhai2pth
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takwas View Post
I'm quite sure it's not region-locked, but SIM-locked...if only a custom ROM would bypass the lock, I wouldn't hesitate to flash one on it.
If Sim-locked, problem is the network, perhap u must pay to unlock it

markad1
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclub_101 View Post
That is interesting but a little unclear - was your phone network-locked (to some provider) or was that only for the region-lock? Since I believe all the codes I have seen so far are for network-unlock and NOT for region-lock (even if I have seen 2-3 posts from users that have contacted Samsung and after a few weeks of complaining Samsung gave them a code to region-unlock, but I have no personal experience on that so all must be taken with a grain of salt).
My Note 3 was networked locked to O2 Ireland.