5,596,784 Members 48,463 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery Time - How long does your battery last?

Tip us?

SCWells72
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by mug2k View Post
Is it likely the battery will be better if and when the G Pad gets an official Kitkat update? I've red Kitkat is 'lighter' and better for battery duration in general.
I have a GPE which is running the most pure version of KitKat possible (well, technically now it's rooted and running a bunch of stuff like Xposed Framework modules, etc.), and the battery life isn't much improved (if at all) over the LGE version. I'm seeing better results using things like Greenify to hibernate apps that would otherwise wake the device (and for which I don't care about notifications during sleep) and the custom 510 kernel with the minimum clock speed dialed all the way down. Nonetheless, when I'm actively using the G Pad, I can almost see the battery draining on-the-fly. I still don't understand why this tablet has such short battery life relative to others in its general class. It has respectable hardware, but that includes a decent battery relative to its screen and CPUs.

mug2k
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCWells72 View Post
I have a GPE which is running the most pure version of KitKat possible (well, technically now it's rooted and running a bunch of stuff like Xposed Framework modules, etc.), and the battery life isn't much improved (if at all) over the LGE version. I'm seeing better results using things like Greenify to hibernate apps that would otherwise wake the device (and for which I don't care about notifications during sleep) and the custom 510 kernel with the minimum clock speed dialed all the way down. Nonetheless, when I'm actively using the G Pad, I can almost see the battery draining on-the-fly. I still don't understand why this tablet has such short battery life relative to others in its general class. It has respectable hardware, but that includes a decent battery relative to its screen and CPUs.
Maybe the implementations of the stock and GPE OS's are just horribly optimized or maybe not at all. I mean 4600mAh is quite a meaty battery and should perform much better than it does so it doesn't really add up. I've read that the blue line problem is due to overheating so it seem that this tablet gets quite hot easily which lead me to think something is getting throttled easily compared to other tablets.

Here's hoping it's an underlying software fault by LG that can be rectified at some point.

s.illes79
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I'm quite happy with battery life

5.40h screen on time with 3d13h standby, still 10% left

Stock 4.2.2, with settings:
- disabled location services
- wifi auto disconnect unless on charger
- no qpair ( sucks 1% battery / hour)

with these setting I loose less than 1% per day in standby, which is excellent.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-03-07 07.47.17.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	2618002