5,606,650 Members 36,893 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Locked out phone. Any help will be much appreciated!!

Tip us?

Mr.Stick
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Locked out phone. Any help will be much appreciated!!

Ok, so this is my first ever forum post and I have resorted to this after hours of searching for a fix.

So let's get straight to the point. After changing my drag password thingy, I forgot it. Numerous attempts later to unlock the password, I found myself on this 'Sign in with your google account' screen of doom.

My phone runs 4.0 ice-cream sandwich.

My problems are:
  • WiFi is disabled
  • USB-Debugging is disabled

Things I've already tried:
  • Factory reset on bootloader - the HTC screen just pops up then it freezes on it.
  • Recovery on bootloader - the HTC screen just pops up then it freezes on it.
  • Calling the phone with another phone and trying to drag the notification bar down/ button mashing - nothing happens.
  • Using ADB to unlock it - I can't because USB-Debugging is disabled.
  • Various fixes that use WiFi - WiFi is disabled.

Please, please, please help me! My phone has been locked like this for a month now. I've only had the phone for 6 months and I use(d) it very regularly. I will appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks!!

SimonTS
Old
Thanks Meter 1539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Stick View Post
Ok, so this is my first ever forum post and I have resorted to this after hours of searching for a fix.

So let's get straight to the point. After changing my drag password thingy, I forgot it. Numerous attempts later to unlock the password, I found myself on this 'Sign in with your google account' screen of doom.

My phone runs 4.0 ice-cream sandwich.

My problems are:
  • WiFi is disabled
  • USB-Debugging is disabled

Things I've already tried:
  • Factory reset on bootloader - the HTC screen just pops up then it freezes on it.
  • Recovery on bootloader - the HTC screen just pops up then it freezes on it.
  • Calling the phone with another phone and trying to drag the notification bar down/ button mashing - nothing happens.
  • Using ADB to unlock it - I can't because USB-Debugging is disabled.
  • Various fixes that use WiFi - WiFi is disabled.

Please, please, please help me! My phone has been locked like this for a month now. I've only had the phone for 6 months and I use(d) it very regularly. I will appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks!!
Firstly - this is a QUESTION and should be in the Q&A forum

Secondly - you know that as you have already asked the question in the Q&A forum and someone attempted to help you, so why would you want to open a new thread?
Sent from the darkest corners of my mind
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SimonTS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jmcclue
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1221
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonTS View Post
Firstly - this is a QUESTION and should be in the Q&A forum

Secondly - you know that as you have already asked the question in the Q&A forum and someone attempted to help you, so why would you want to open a new thread?
Haha i thought id seen this post before.. thought i was going mad :sly:

Edi77
Old
Thanks Meter 0
If your boot loader is unlocked you can install 4xt recovery and install another ROM.
Factory reset doesn't help - that's strange but I have never tested it before