Windows 8 eReader app

OP Landara

6th March 2014, 01:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brunswick, GA
Thanks Meter: 143

536 posts
More
I am searching for a nice eBook reader app for my Dell Venue Pro 8. The best I have found is Freda, and while it is acceptable in most ways, it is missing one key thing that MoonReader Pro for Android had, and that is the auto-read option. You could click play and it would read the book out loud. Once you got used to the voice, it was quite handy. What are your best eReader apps(even if they don't have read it option), and has anyone found any that will read the books out loud?
6th March 2014, 06:47 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,767

5,815 posts
More
There's an old Microsoft e-reader app (desktop, not "metro", of course) that had that feature, but I think they discontinued it. Does the Kindle desktop app do that, perhaps?
7th March 2014, 11:41 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 55

380 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landara

I am searching for a nice eBook reader app for my Dell Venue Pro 8. The best I have found is Freda, and while it is acceptable in most ways, it is missing one key thing that MoonReader Pro for Android had, and that is the auto-read option. You could click play and it would read the book out loud. Once you got used to the voice, it was quite handy. What are your best eReader apps(even if they don't have read it option), and has anyone found any that will read the books out loud?

As it happens, I am in the process of testing this feature out now - so it will be arriving in Freda some time fairly soon. The code does not work quite right yet ... so expect it to take a few weeks. But it is definitely in the pipeline for Freda (both on Windows 8 and Windows Phone).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread