5,605,835 Members 47,755 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][4.0+] OmniSnitch - Seamless app switching

Tip us?
 
Moguledyouth
Old
#91  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 443
Join Date: Oct 2007
for #2 what I meant is if there could be an option to just open via a long press hold on the color barrier area to launch Omniswitch and #4 is if there could be an option to have a unobtrusive icon in place of the color barrier to launch Omniswitch. Here is a program that has the same type of trigger button option if you look at the screenshots there is one that shows an analog clock and in that same picture you can see an unobtrusive square with an arrow in the upper right hand side of the screen. This program allows for options for both a swipable barrier or that icon to trigger the app and I was hoping Omniswitch could do the same.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...iu.ca.taskbar2
 
DigitalUnderground
Old
#92  
DigitalUnderground's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2035
Posts: 3,228
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: St. Paul, MN
Title of app says omnisNitch instead of omnisWitch... Just FYI.

Love this app... It comes in Mahdi ROM for my hammerhead

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
zxzyzd
Old
#93  
zxzyzd's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 246
Posts: 460
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalUnderground View Post
Title of app says omnisNitch instead of omnisWitch... Just FYI.

Love this app... It comes in Mahdi ROM for my hammerhead

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
LOL...That's because the name IS OmniSnitch, as read in the OP, as well as in the screenshots.

Quote:
OmniSnitch, a completely backported version of OmniSwitch.
Smartphone History:
LG GW620 / Desire / Desire S / Lumia 800 / Galaxy S2 / Xperia P / Xperia S / One S / Nexus 4 / Xiaomi Mi2s
The Following User Says Thank You to zxzyzd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
blinkin
Old
#94  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 206
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Zürich
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxzyzd View Post
LOL...That's because the name IS OmniSnitch, as read in the OP, as well as in the screenshots.
No no it's omnisWITCH and behaves really badly... sorry for the OT :P

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
 
zxzyzd
Old
#95  
zxzyzd's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 246
Posts: 460
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkin View Post
No no it's omnisWITCH and behaves really badly... sorry for the OT :P

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
Really? Let's take a look:

[APP][4.0+] OmniSnitch - Seamless app switching


In OP he says he backported it himself, giving it a new name:
Quote:
OmniSnitch, a completely backported version of OmniSwitch.
Features:
Quote:
(Same as OmniSwitch)
Why would he say that it's the same as OmniSwitch if the name of this backport is OmniSwitch? Because it's not!

ICS Screenies:



3rd post: Link to Github: https://github.com/EatHeat/OmniSnitch
Title of the page:
Quote:
EatHeat / OmniSnitch
Text on the page:
Quote:
OmniSnitch is a recent apps switcher for Android It also supports favorite apps

Originally made by maxwen for OmniRom as OmniSwtich. Modified and backported by me as OmniSnitch.
Then, back to the OP, filename of the APK: OmniSnitch_V1_0.apk

Do you really think this guy would be that stupid to make the same Typo 13+ times

Anyway, thanks Eatheat, this is an excellent addition the Android ecosystem.Now only to find out if I can map my Recent Apps button to this somehow...
Smartphone History:
LG GW620 / Desire / Desire S / Lumia 800 / Galaxy S2 / Xperia P / Xperia S / One S / Nexus 4 / Xiaomi Mi2s
The Following User Says Thank You to zxzyzd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
EatHeat
Old
#96  
EatHeat's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1317
Posts: 902
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Calcutta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moguledyouth View Post
for #2 what I meant is if there could be an option to just open via a long press hold on the color barrier area to launch Omniswitch and #4 is if there could be an option to have a unobtrusive icon in place of the color barrier to launch Omniswitch. Here is a program that has the same type of trigger button option if you look at the screenshots there is one that shows an analog clock and in that same picture you can see an unobtrusive square with an arrow in the upper right hand side of the screen. This program allows for options for both a swipable barrier or that icon to trigger the app and I was hoping Omniswitch could do the same.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...iu.ca.taskbar2
This would probably not be added. You can request this in the OmniRom forum and if they agree, then it will be merged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalUnderground View Post
Title of app says omnisNitch instead of omnisWitch... Just FYI.

Love this app... It comes in Mahdi ROM for my hammerhead

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
OmniSwitch is the original one from OmniRom. Omnisnitch is the backported one. I think @zxzyzd's post clears its all.
[3.0+]Crius.
Customize your clock.


[2.2+]SnowBowl HD.
Enjoy the vacations!


 
blinkin
Old
#97  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 206
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Zürich
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxzyzd View Post
Really? Let's take a look:

[APP][4.0+] OmniSnitch - Seamless app switching


In OP he says he backported it himself, giving it a new name:

...
hmm looks like my sarcasm wasn't clear enough
 
Herbie_2005
Old
#98  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 17
Join Date: Jan 2012
Question Omnisnitch is often closed / deactivated

Hi, everybody!

I have just installed Omnisnitch on my "Samsung Galaxy S II", and I like it. In my opinion, this app is a nice idea (which originally came from the Omnirom team).

Although I like the app, I have the problem that the app closes itself – or is closed somehow. I do not know, who/what closes the app. But after some time, Omnisnitch is inactive. I can acitvate it again, but maybe one hour later it is switched off again.

I was wondering, if it could be the Android system itself that closes the app after some time. But I could not find out what really goes on.

By the way: I do not use any special tools that are killing other apps to gain memory or save energy etc.

Can anybody help me?
 
EatHeat
Old
#99  
EatHeat's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1317
Posts: 902
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Calcutta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbie_2005 View Post
Hi, everybody!

I have just installed Omnisnitch on my "Samsung Galaxy S II", and I like it. In my opinion, this app is a nice idea (which originally came from the Omnirom team).

Although I like the app, I have the problem that the app closes itself – or is closed somehow. I do not know, who/what closes the app. But after some time, Omnisnitch is inactive. I can acitvate it again, but maybe one hour later it is switched off again.

I was wondering, if it could be the Android system itself that closes the app after some time. But I could not find out what really goes on.

By the way: I do not use any special tools that are killing other apps to gain memory or save energy etc.

Can anybody help me?
Move it to system partition.
[3.0+]Crius.
Customize your clock.


[2.2+]SnowBowl HD.
Enjoy the vacations!


 
Herbie_2005
Old
#100  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 17
Join Date: Jan 2012
Thank you for your reply. I testet this, but it did not help.

Tags
backport, eatheat, omnirom, omnisnitch, omniswitch
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes