5,605,835 Members 47,755 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][4.0+] OmniSnitch - Seamless app switching

Tip us?

Moguledyouth
Old
Thanks Meter 40
for #2 what I meant is if there could be an option to just open via a long press hold on the color barrier area to launch Omniswitch and #4 is if there could be an option to have a unobtrusive icon in place of the color barrier to launch Omniswitch. Here is a program that has the same type of trigger button option if you look at the screenshots there is one that shows an analog clock and in that same picture you can see an unobtrusive square with an arrow in the upper right hand side of the screen. This program allows for options for both a swipable barrier or that icon to trigger the app and I was hoping Omniswitch could do the same.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...iu.ca.taskbar2

DigitalUnderground
Old
Thanks Meter 2035
Title of app says omnisNitch instead of omnisWitch... Just FYI.

Love this app... It comes in Mahdi ROM for my hammerhead

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

zxzyzd
Old
Thanks Meter 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalUnderground View Post

LOL...That's because the name IS OmniSnitch, as read in the OP, as well as in the screenshots.

Quote:
OmniSnitch, a completely backported version of OmniSwitch.
Smartphone History:
LG GW620 / Desire / Desire S / Lumia 800 / Galaxy S2 / Xperia P / Xperia S / One S / Nexus 4 / Xiaomi Mi2s
The Following User Says Thank You to zxzyzd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blinkin
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxzyzd View Post
LOL...That's because the name IS OmniSnitch, as read in the OP, as well as in the screenshots.
No no it's omnisWITCH and behaves really badly... sorry for the OT :P

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

zxzyzd
Old
Thanks Meter 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkin View Post
No no it's omnisWITCH and behaves really badly... sorry for the OT :P

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
Really? Let's take a look:

In OP he says he backported it himself, giving it a new name:
Quote:
OmniSnitch, a completely backported version of OmniSwitch.
Features:
Quote:
(Same as OmniSwitch)
Why would he say that it's the same as OmniSwitch if the name of this backport is OmniSwitch? Because it's not!

ICS Screenies:

3rd post: Link to Github: https://github.com/EatHeat/OmniSnitch
Title of the page:
Quote:
EatHeat / OmniSnitch
Text on the page:
Quote:
OmniSnitch is a recent apps switcher for Android It also supports favorite apps

Originally made by maxwen for OmniRom as OmniSwtich. Modified and backported by me as OmniSnitch.
Then, back to the OP, filename of the APK: OmniSnitch_V1_0.apk

Do you really think this guy would be that stupid to make the same Typo 13+ times

Anyway, thanks Eatheat, this is an excellent addition the Android ecosystem.Now only to find out if I can map my Recent Apps button to this somehow...
Smartphone History:
LG GW620 / Desire / Desire S / Lumia 800 / Galaxy S2 / Xperia P / Xperia S / One S / Nexus 4 / Xiaomi Mi2s
The Following User Says Thank You to zxzyzd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EatHeat
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moguledyouth View Post
for #2 what I meant is if there could be an option to just open via a long press hold on the color barrier area to launch Omniswitch and #4 is if there could be an option to have a unobtrusive icon in place of the color barrier to launch Omniswitch. Here is a program that has the same type of trigger button option if you look at the screenshots there is one that shows an analog clock and in that same picture you can see an unobtrusive square with an arrow in the upper right hand side of the screen. This program allows for options for both a swipable barrier or that icon to trigger the app and I was hoping Omniswitch could do the same.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...iu.ca.taskbar2
This would probably not be added. You can request this in the OmniRom forum and if they agree, then it will be merged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalUnderground View Post

OmniSwitch is the original one from OmniRom. Omnisnitch is the backported one. I think @zxzyzd's post clears its all.
[3.0+]Crius.
Customize your clock.

[2.2+]SnowBowl HD.
Enjoy the vacations!

blinkin
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxzyzd View Post
Really? Let's take a look:

In OP he says he backported it himself, giving it a new name:

hmm looks like my sarcasm wasn't clear enough

Herbie_2005
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Question Omnisnitch is often closed / deactivated

Hi, everybody!

I have just installed Omnisnitch on my "Samsung Galaxy S II", and I like it. In my opinion, this app is a nice idea (which originally came from the Omnirom team).

Although I like the app, I have the problem that the app closes itself – or is closed somehow. I do not know, who/what closes the app. But after some time, Omnisnitch is inactive. I can acitvate it again, but maybe one hour later it is switched off again.

I was wondering, if it could be the Android system itself that closes the app after some time. But I could not find out what really goes on.

By the way: I do not use any special tools that are killing other apps to gain memory or save energy etc.

Can anybody help me?

EatHeat
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbie_2005 View Post
Hi, everybody!

I have just installed Omnisnitch on my "Samsung Galaxy S II", and I like it. In my opinion, this app is a nice idea (which originally came from the Omnirom team).

Although I like the app, I have the problem that the app closes itself – or is closed somehow. I do not know, who/what closes the app. But after some time, Omnisnitch is inactive. I can acitvate it again, but maybe one hour later it is switched off again.

I was wondering, if it could be the Android system itself that closes the app after some time. But I could not find out what really goes on.

By the way: I do not use any special tools that are killing other apps to gain memory or save energy etc.

Can anybody help me?
Move it to system partition.
[3.0+]Crius.
Customize your clock.

[2.2+]SnowBowl HD.
Enjoy the vacations!

Herbie_2005
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thank you for your reply. I testet this, but it did not help.

Tags
backport, eatheat, omnirom, omnisnitch, omniswitch