XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Qualcomm]N9005ZHUENB6 Android 4.4.2 Kitkat [HongKong]

Tip us?

cosinav
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by chkenwing View Post
Can you elaborate on the problems you're having especially the writing to extSD?
It's the same problem many members have discussed in the forum. Third party apps, other than Samsung, cannot write to the ext sdcard. For example, with Samsung's camera app you can save photos and video to the ext sdcard but with other camera apps you can only used internal memory. Another example, before the update I could export files from Dropbox to ext sdcard but now I only have the option to export to internal storage. This isn't so much entirely Samsung's problem but it was Google who decided to change the permissions with writing to ext sdcard in KitKat. However, given that Samsung markets the majority of their devices with ext storage, they should have fixed this issue so customers could benefit 100% from it. There's a fix for root users but if you don't want to root then you'll have to wait for Samsung to fix it with an update, though don't know if they will release a fix and if they do it won't be so soon. So, if you need access to ext sdcard for ALL your apps, stay with 4.3 just to be safe.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Smartphone History: Nokia E90 - iPhone 3G - iPhone 3GS - iPhone 4 - Galaxy S2 - Galaxy Note - iPhone 4S - iPhone 5 - Galaxy Note 2 - Xperia Z - Galaxy S4 - Galaxy Note 3

SadLion
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Lost after flashing the mobile Internet. Wipe does not help. Flashing again - to no avail. How am I going to do?

chkenwing
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosinav View Post
It's the same problem many members have discussed in the forum. Third party apps, other than Samsung, cannot write to the ext sdcard. For example, with Samsung's camera app you can save photos and video to the ext sdcard but with other camera apps you can only used internal memory. Another example, before the update I could export files from Dropbox to ext sdcard but now I only have the option to export to internal storage. This isn't so much entirely Samsung's problem but it was Google who decided to change the permissions with writing to ext sdcard in KitKat. However, given that Samsung markets the majority of their devices with ext storage, they should have fixed this issue so customers could benefit 100% from it. There's a fix for root users but if you don't want to root then you'll have to wait for Samsung to fix it with an update, though don't know if they will release a fix and if they do it won't be so soon. So, if you need access to ext sdcard for ALL your apps, stay with 4.3 just to be safe.

So reading from extSD isn't a problem? I guess I'll stick to 4.3 for now until the fix is released (if it ever will be released). I rely too heavily on writing to extSD especially in my line of work.

Thanks for the heads up.

kmokhtar79
Old
Thanks Meter 4141

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadLion View Post
Lost after flashing the mobile Internet. Wipe does not help. Flashing again - to no avail. How am I going to do?
Official firmware is out for Hong Kong and Taiwan. Flash it and this problem would be solved. I am running it for a week and haven't faced any issue so far.

Sent from my SM-N9005

SadLion
Old
Thanks Meter 0
kmokhtar79
I returned to the NB1 and everything worked again sews this firmware and internet disappeared, several times. Strangely enough, what is it?

denski101
Old
(Last edited by denski101; 7th March 2014 at 05:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosinav View Post
before the update I could export files from Dropbox to ext sdcard but now I only have the option to export to internal storage.

Dropbox received an update recently to fix this, go check and see if it's fixed. As far as any other apps are concerned; you either root and fix it or you wait for updates. I really don't think Samsung can do jack about it. Their apps are fixed and any other app devs that want sales from those on 4.4 and have extSD will have to do the same.
To all those on 4.3- You don't what you've got till it's gone.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

kmokhtar79
Old
(Last edited by kmokhtar79; 7th March 2014 at 12:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4141

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadLion View Post
kmokhtar79
I returned to the NB1 and everything worked again sews this firmware and internet disappeared, several times. Strangely enough, what is it?
NB1 and NB6 were not officially out. This is kinda modified build that's why they may have some issues. The only official Kit Kat build is NB5 for Hong Kong versions.

SadLion
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default 1668986596

kmokhtar79
Thanks, I thought it was too official firmware. Will roll back.