5,605,438 Members 44,293 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cant unlock bootloader c6903 EE UK Z1 Anyway around it?

Tip us?

dladz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 672

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWOKSFUNG View Post
That's why i never a phone from Provider
1. Bootloader 5h1t
2. not really somehow cheaper, as my home city is Hong Kong, can buy cheaper phone then provider easilly, especially for parallel version
3. ok, i know most of u are not from HK, buy it from Amazon or Ebay, ask the seller if the BL is unlockable.
I understand what you mean and I will never be doing that again, the reason i went with EE was because the insurance is way better than anywhere else, i'm a long standing Orange customer and their customer services for me have been top notch, I get 40% off my line (retail discount)

Could have went to CPW but didn't as they didn't have the deal i wanted, plus the insurance.

Will never make this mistake again but it is an absolute first for me, all my phones have always been from orange / tmobile / vodafone, never had an issue with the bootloader being locked down like that, damn them for it.

Will be going with O2 and probably the HTC m8 when it surfaces.
Phones: Moto 888 - Nokia 6110 - Nokia 3210 - Nokia 3310 - Nokia 8210 - Samsung e250 - Sony F305 - LG Viewty - G1 - HTC Hero - HTC Desire HD - HTC Sensation - Nokia Lumia 800 - HTC EVO 3D - Samsung i9300 - Asus Prime TF201 silver - HTC One - Galaxy Camera - Z1

CommonTsar
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Won't putting different firmware on it solve this? Or is it put on the handset a different way?

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

gregbradley
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3354

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonTsar View Post
Won't putting different firmware on it solve this? Or is it put on the handset a different way?

Dladz, you must agree with this...

I need to stop reading

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.
<<DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES>>

Follow me on twitter
The Following User Says Thank You to gregbradley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CommonTsar
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:

Geez, you could just answer nicely to those who, you know, might not know >.<

gregbradley
Old
(Last edited by gregbradley; 24th December 2013 at 08:49 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3354

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Unfortunately you tried to give an answer without knowing.

I am losing my will to live here currently.

I apologise, but if you stick around a few days and read some threads you will see it was justified. It has been an Xperia issue for over 2 years. So there is LOTS of info about this if you just google it.

I will delete it anyway..

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.

Follow me on twitter

CommonTsar
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:

I was just asking a question. I have genuinely no idea how the bootloader is locked...it wasn't an answer, it was a question hence why I said "or is it..." - clearly I don't have the knowledge yet.

gregbradley
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3354

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I was just asking a question. I have genuinely no idea how the bootloader is locked...it wasn't an answer, it was a question hence why I said "or is it..." - clearly I don't have the knowledge yet.

Keep trying, its a journey

One I have enjoyed, but I needed a few kicks in my arse to get on the right track,

You need to read, learn and try for yourself.... That way we all gain from the experience, instead of just handing out "updates" this is about modding and doing it yourself.

I do hope you understand..

My contributions.

[Xperia Z1]

Follow me on twitter

CommonTsar
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
Keep trying, its a journey

One I have enjoyed, but I needed a few kicks in my arse to get on the right track,

You need to read, learn and try for yourself.... That way we all gain from the experience, instead of just handing out "updates" this is about modding and doing it yourself.

I do hope you understand..
I do get that- and I am reading around a lot...but I've only just got up on XDA and haven't really done a lot re:bootloaders before and it was close to xmas :P And with work I just haven't had the time. Next time just point me in the right direction and say "No, it doesn't work liek that - read this" or "look up this" instead haha. Either way, if you celebrate xmas have a good one, if not have a good day..

Hope someone finds out soon in regards to this.

dladz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 672

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post

Dladz, you must agree with this...

I need to stop reading
I do m8 an i love that pic, been on my fb for years, an lol you sound like your head hurts m8.

Just noticed that this is a TRIPLE facepalm, haha.
Phones: Moto 888 - Nokia 6110 - Nokia 3210 - Nokia 3310 - Nokia 8210 - Samsung e250 - Sony F305 - LG Viewty - G1 - HTC Hero - HTC Desire HD - HTC Sensation - Nokia Lumia 800 - HTC EVO 3D - Samsung i9300 - Asus Prime TF201 silver - HTC One - Galaxy Camera - Z1

Tonian1878
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Same. EE/Locked. not bothered as i have no desire to have custom roms.

Why do Carriers lock the bootloader?, whats the benefit to the Carrier?
Nokia 3210, Nokia 3330, Nokia 3510, Nokia N-Gage, Samsung D500 , XDA Mini S, HTC S620, Nokia N70, LG Viewty, LG Renoir, Apple iPhone 3GS, Apple iPhone 4s, Sony Xperia Z1