[ROM][4.4.2][i897 OFFICIAL] Resurrection Remix® 4.4.2 KitKat v5.0.9 [16/04/14]

Tip us?

n205des
Old
Thanks Meter 345

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodman01 View Post
Not sure what you mean, sorry...can you give me a link to the source codes, app or rom where this or an equal feature is included? Or some further more info?
we have a rom called captivate touch which removes all the telephony apps and all the stuff which is required for calling and sending texts so that it only can be used as a media player..
The Following User Says Thank You to n205des For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rodman01
Old
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 1876

DONATE TO ME
Ah ok thanks and found the rom thread. And the dev or maintainer of that rom would not want to update his rom to a kk version? I will think about it...but not sure at the moment, whether I want and can spend time with that....What I can try , is to build a rom and only delete the files and apks, but think without the modifications from the other thread. Haven't read the whole thread and so I am not sure whether this mods are needed.
ROM: Resurrection Remix® 4.4.2 KitKat // Rods KitKat, transparent look with datecenterclock
MOD: Colored Center Clock for I9000 JB 4.3/4.2.2/4.2.1 - CM10.2
MOD: CM10.2 Transparent Statusbar
MOD: CM10.2 Transparent App Drawer Trebuchet.apk
Droid Invanders: [S4 Style Notification Drawer CM10.2]
Theme: [SIII Addon] RichSiya

SGS 3 - LTE - 4.3 Stock ROM - Rooted - Boeffla-kernel
SGS 1 - (repaired) defective Home-and Sensorbuttons - ROM: often changing
SGT P1000 - CM10.1 - Stock Kernel

coc
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I'm using Resurrection Remix on my i9000m and have just tried flashing the Captivate version onto my wifes Captivate (Rogers i896). It fails with a Status 7 message. The i896 and i897 are basically the same phone!

How can I get this to install on her phone? From what I gather the Status 7 message means it has failed a check that the ROM and phone model match up. Surely it just needs to include the i896 in the check and it will then install? If this is correct, how can I do this?

swiftlycreepin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodman01 View Post
Ah ok thanks and found the rom thread. And the dev or maintainer of that rom would not want to update his rom to a kk version? I will think about it...but not sure at the moment, whether I want and can spend time with that....What I can try , is to build a rom and only delete the files and apks, but think without the modifications from the other thread. Haven't read the whole thread and so I am not sure whether this mods are needed.
alright. figured i should ask, im not a cooker, just a user and tester. if that makes any sense.

jrea77
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by coc View Post
I'm using Resurrection Remix on my i9000m and have just tried flashing the Captivate version onto my wifes Captivate (Rogers i896). It fails with a Status 7 message. The i896 and i897 are basically the same phone!

How can I get this to install on her phone? From what I gather the Status 7 message means it has failed a check that the ROM and phone model match up. Surely it just needs to include the i896 in the check and it will then install? If this is correct, how can I do this?

i was having a problem similar to yours. i kept getting an error trying to flash any KitKat on my Captivate. i just flashed NeatKernel from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2548081 and used NeatKernel_v1.04-dual-recovery and i was able to start flashing KitKat roms...particularly this rom.

hope it helps....
Quote:
For everything iDont, Android does.
Note i717 - I don't even know anymore....
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 - Unofficial Carbon Rom
Dell Streak 5 - Gingerstreak 2.4.4 - Retired
iPhone 3G <---- Biggest Mistake Ever - Retired!

scottmcm
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrea77 View Post
i was having a problem similar to yours. i kept getting an error trying to flash any KitKat on my Captivate. i just flashed NeatKernel from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2548081 and used NeatKernel_v1.04-dual-recovery and i was able to start flashing KitKat roms...particularly this rom.

hope it helps....
I was also getting the 7 error. It turned out in my case that my CWM was older than the one included in the ROM. After the failed flash (several times before I tried this) I told CWM to reboot and then got the expected bootloop and pulled the battery. Then I went back into recovery and found that my CWM version was now different and the ROM flashed no problem.

The ROM ran great for 3 days then all of a sudden I started getting sleep deaths. Now it won't sit for more than a few minutes without shutting off. Any ideas?

Thanks for working on ROMs for this old Cappy!

killablack
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default runs flawless

I really love this rom;I have almost no lag on my 4 year old phone that would stutter on any other kk rom. Everything I use the phone for works viper 4 android runs with the screen off and no fc and many customizations.This rom with semaphore kernal brought back New functionality and life to my favorite phone thanks and I hope you continue to support the captivate.
The Following User Says Thank You to killablack For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rodman01
Old
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 1876

DONATE TO ME
Many thanks for your feedback and your kind words and yes new version will be build probably within today and then uploaded...so stay tuned... (for your interest: changelog in op is already updated so you can have already a preview )
ROM: Resurrection Remix® 4.4.2 KitKat // Rods KitKat, transparent look with datecenterclock

The Following User Says Thank You to rodman01 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rodman01
Old
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 1876

DONATE TO ME
Default v5.0.5 ready and uploaded

So here it is : v5.0.5 is online

Code:
-----------------------------------------------
 Resurrection Remix ROM Basic CHANGELOG

For extended changelog click link in op
-----------------------------------------------

# Resurrection Remix KitKat 4.4.2 - v5.0.5-20140309 # Basic
- We are releasing a new Official Resurrection Remix Custom Recovery 
       based on the latest CWM non-touch recovery. You can download it from the 
       respective ROM threads for your device.

- Completely redesigned Resurrection Tools
- Added the new Slim Recents (can be toggled back to stock recents in Resurrection Tools)
- Added Slim's Notification Reminder feature
- Added Device maintainers
- and many many more
So download here or follow link in op: https://www.mediafire.com/?0wp5cw8qnm045y7

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rodman01 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Archfeind2
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Do we have ART capabilities? I haven't updated my KitKat ROM recently.
Xperia SP Stock 4.3 .201 update
Samsung Captiavte w/ 4.4 KK
Moto X w/ stock 4.4.2 KK