XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] UTOK 700s problem

Tip us?

xyzy92
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tablet [Q] UTOK 700s problem

Hello xda! Sorry for posting here, but i'm a noob...

Here is my problem: I have a chinese tablet allwinner a13 1,2Ghz, 512 Ram, 4gb, 7", 800x480, I had serious lag with the original firmware, so i decided to make an unofficial upgrade since my provider has no interest in giving me an update or the original firmware.
So i've installed FaaastJB v2.5 using livesuite, but without making a backup of the original rom( 4.0.4) (that was a very stupid thing to do)... and my g-sensor, camera and touchscreen did not work. I used parts of MOMO9 star and managed to fix g-sensor. The recovery was not compatible with my tablet, so i used Uberizer to install a good CWM.
I tried many .ko divers for touchscreen but none of them worked, i tried to modify the script.bin to rewrite EEPROM with a ft5x_ts but when i push the files in my tablet, and restarts, it freeze at bootlogo. I guess is not the proper driver for my tablet...
I tried the same thing with other roms (4.0.4) none of them managed to revive my touchscreen... only my camera in some roms, but i don't really care if the camera works or not.

I want to ask someone who has the same tablet (utok 700s) or a close one (utok 700d, utok 700s) to make a backup and upload it.
Or, if you have any sugestion, please, share it.

Thanks in advance!!!

Pikkme
Old
(Last edited by GermainZ; 31st December 2013 at 06:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Wink I'm a noob too

I have the same device, but no luck to get a full system backup, I have just these:
Quote:
Files Backed-up:
"----rwxr-x 1 49099264 Dec 11 14:49 .android_secure.vfat.tar
----rwxr-x 1 6656 Dec 11 14:49 cache.ext4.tar
----rwxr-x 1 353373696 Dec 11 14:49 data.ext4.tar
----rwxr-x 1 206 Dec 11 14:50 nandroid.md5
----rwxr-x 1 375776256 Dec 11 14:48 system.ext4.tar"
After installing CWM I ended in a boot loop... and I was unable to restore the previous system (backed up partially - as I figured out later).
So I installed the image found at manta.com.pl/en/mid705 which contains the 4.2.2 version of Android system and modified it a bit... If you are interested please contact me because I can't actually post outside links in my messages due to forum restrictions.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pikkme For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xyzy92
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikkme View Post
I have the same device, but no luck to get a full system backup, I have just these:

After installing CWM I ended in a boot loop... and I was unable to restore the previous system (backed up partially - as I figured out later).
So I installed the image found at manta.com.pl/en/mid705 which contains the 4.2.2 version of Android system and modified it a bit... If you are interested please contact me because I can't actually post outside links in my messages due to forum restrictions.
Thanks man, but i managed to find the same image a week ago it is named FaaastJB v2. Works like a charm. many thanks! 4shared.com/rar/IQX1ytca/FaaastJB-v2.html

danyrolux
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Here is the original firmware

Here you'll find the original firmware for UTOK 700S