No registration required

Disabling home key/wake activation

OP swagatsourav

7th March 2014, 01:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23

345 posts
Donate to Me
I was previously able to disable the Home Key for the Wake Activation by editing gpio-keys.kl

After i have upgraded to Kitkat, i can now see in place of WAKE, there is WAKE_DROPPED already in that file, and even if i remove it , i cannot stop the home button wake activation to stop.

The reason i wanted to do this was i use the jelly home button and it with flip cover or slim Armour view, this will keep my phone screen awake if i do not disable the wake function

any one has any idea how this is done in Kitkat.

I am on NB4
7th March 2014, 03:19 PM   |  #2  

216 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagatsourav

I was previously able to disable the Home Key for the Wake Activation by editing gpio-keys.kl

After i have upgraded to Kitkat, i can now see in place of WAKE, there is WAKE_DROPPED already in that file, and even if i remove it , i cannot stop the home button wake activation to stop.

The reason i wanted to do this was i use the jelly home button and it with flip cover or slim Armour view, this will keep my phone screen awake if i do not disable the wake function

any one has any idea how this is done in Kitkat.

I am on NB4

are you rooted? if yes, install xposed framework then install wanam xposed..there are option to disable home button wake up in wanam.
7th March 2014, 03:53 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

345 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimzmaycry

are you rooted? if yes, install xposed framework then install wanam xposed..there are option to disable home button wake up in wanam.

thanks for that
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread