Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,311 Members 48,210 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Disabling home key/wake activation

Tip us?

swagatsourav
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21

DONATE TO ME
Default Disabling home key/wake activation

I was previously able to disable the Home Key for the Wake Activation by editing gpio-keys.kl

After i have upgraded to Kitkat, i can now see in place of WAKE, there is WAKE_DROPPED already in that file, and even if i remove it , i cannot stop the home button wake activation to stop.

The reason i wanted to do this was i use the jelly home button and it with flip cover or slim Armour view, this will keep my phone screen awake if i do not disable the wake function

any one has any idea how this is done in Kitkat.

I am on NB4

jimzmaycry
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagatsourav View Post
I was previously able to disable the Home Key for the Wake Activation by editing gpio-keys.kl

After i have upgraded to Kitkat, i can now see in place of WAKE, there is WAKE_DROPPED already in that file, and even if i remove it , i cannot stop the home button wake activation to stop.

The reason i wanted to do this was i use the jelly home button and it with flip cover or slim Armour view, this will keep my phone screen awake if i do not disable the wake function

any one has any idea how this is done in Kitkat.

I am on NB4
are you rooted? if yes, install xposed framework then install wanam xposed..there are option to disable home button wake up in wanam.

swagatsourav
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimzmaycry View Post
are you rooted? if yes, install xposed framework then install wanam xposed..there are option to disable home button wake up in wanam.
thanks for that