XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dorimanx's Kernel (STOCK) Q&A Thread

Tip us?

Tinchoska
Old
Thanks Meter 150
I have solve problem above, another thing, how did you configure this stuff

Enviado desde mi LG-D806 mediante Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Another stuff, which one you think is better? On-demand or intellidemand?

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbeetee View Post
maybe stupid question : did you try it without Lux (uninstall or freeze) , and see if the problem remains?
Dude, fast question, which one is better for performance an bat? Intellidemand or ondemand?

SKA RULES

Mobile Phone: LG G2 D-806 Argentina Tierra Del Fuego
ROM: Stock argentinean firmware
Kernel: Default
Radio: Default
Recovery: ------

commuterbox
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Kernel is great but can you please tell me if its a bug that it shows 0 total space on the storage?
Thanks

johnbeetee
Old
Thanks Meter 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinchoska View Post
I have solve problem above, another thing, how did you configure this stuff

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Another stuff, which one you think is better? On-demand or intellidemand?

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Dude, fast question, which one is better for performance an bat? Intellidemand or ondemand?

Hi Tinchoska...in theory, intellidemand should give you almost same performance as ondemand, but is easier on the battery, because it tries to use less often the higher freq's.
But as with all cpu governors, it all depends on how they are tuned with the paprameters. I didn't test intellidemand long enough to check this.
Gonna try 2.7 later on today, and test the new ondemand, and maybe after that intellidemand, and see
Device: D802 -|- rom : stock D80210F -|- kernel : dorimanx 3.6

Get 5 Gb extra cloud storage here ( 20Gb instead of 15Gb )
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnbeetee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tinchoska
Old
Thanks Meter 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbeetee View Post
Hi Tinchoska...in theory, intellidemand should give you almost same performance as ondemand, but is easier on the battery, because it tries to use less often the higher freq's.
But as with all cpu governors, it all depends on how they are tuned with the paprameters. I didn't test intellidemand long enough to check this.
Gonna try 2.7 later on today, and test the new ondemand, and maybe after that intellidemand, and see
That's why I ask, I know that dori has modified on-demand parameters making it better for battery life. On intellidemand I am having this
This for me is awesome, but it is with WiFi on all the time 2g instead of 2g/3g and data off all those hours.

SKA RULES

The Following User Says Thank You to Tinchoska For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

johnbeetee
Old
Thanks Meter 984
Quote:
That's why I ask, I know that dori has modified on-demand parameters making it better for battery life. On intellidemand I am having this
This for me is awesome, but it is with WiFi on all the time 2g instead of 2g/3g and data off all those hours.

I can't really compare this to my personal results, because I probably use mine differently. But if I use my estimation and rule of thumb, this seems pretty much ok. You have 3 hours of screen on time, and you're more than half a day on battery, and 64% battery left.
( my estimation : 10% per hour screen or per day little use, so that would be 3x10+0.5x10 = 35% battery )

My current charge cycle at the end of today will be : 5 days and 3+ hours screen on time ; 20% left ; I'm using ondemand right now...
Device: D802 -|- rom : stock D80210F -|- kernel : dorimanx 3.6

Get 5 Gb extra cloud storage here ( 20Gb instead of 15Gb )

moocamr
Old
Thanks Meter 2
-does pvs_bin is a really effective parameter on battery life or it doesn't really matter on voltage usage ? mine is 3 !! is it OK ? or its a kernel condition that is same for everyone ?? i'm on stock(kernel) right now! because I have never been satisfied with my battery usage ,don't know something is draining my battery or I've destroyed it???
-another thing ! rebooting a lot into recovery doesn't hurt phone ? battery or CPU .... I mean flashing roms 4 time in a day with low battery for example or flashing kernel 50 time in a day as Dori said
-dunno why I always get lag when I unlock screen after waking it from deep sleep on this kernel !!! UC is the reason ??? even on 2.6 ver !!! didn't try new ones
by the way this kernel is awesome and know how much hard is it to code them
lots of noob questions :| and awful English

acolyte192
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Is anyone experiencing hissing while playing audio on headphones? It's quite noticable. I went back to stock kernel, and it was gone.

I'm on D802, using CloudyFlex (4.2.2). I tried version 2.7. I'll try 2.8 later, and report back, but, until then - is there a fix for this? Is it 'cause of the ROM I'm using? Any help is appreciated.

Other than that - cool kernel. My phone feels smother with it.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Tinchoska
Old
Thanks Meter 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by acolyte192 View Post
Is anyone experiencing hissing while playing audio on headphones? It's quite noticable. I went back to stock kernel, and it was gone.

I'm on D802, using CloudyFlex (4.2.2). I tried version 2.7. I'll try 2.8 later, and report back, but, until then - is there a fix for this? Is it 'cause of the ROM I'm using? Any help is appreciated.

Other than that - cool kernel. My phone feels smother with it.

Nothing like that here, great audio playback as stock..... have you try another tip see if it is rom related?

SKA RULES

acolyte192
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Nothing like that here, great audio playback as stock..... have you try another tip see if it is rom related?

Well, I really wouldn't like to go through that, but I might just do a backup and try.

Which ROM are you on? I could try that one and see if the problem persits.

Thanks for the answer.

htcm7
Old
(Last edited by htcm7; 12th March 2014 at 02:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 87
Hi guys, with the latest version that can runs between 92-2800, I just wondering does anyone here find out the most efficient speed running in low CPU freq?